Telegram is one of the most popular messaging applications. It allows users to communicate securely with family and friends. However, before you communicate with anyone of the platform, you need to add his or her contact. So, what if you don’t have the contact details?
Well, there are a couple of ways you can use to add someone on Telegram with a phone number. Read on for the step-by-step guide.
How to add someone on Telegram without phone number
Sometimes, you may want to add someone without using their phone number. In that case, you can use their Telegram ID. This also helps to keep your phone number private if you want to. Below is how to proceed.
- Launch the Telegram app on your phone
- Navigate to Contacts
- Tap on the search box on top of the list
- Enter the Telegram username that you’d like to search
- If the contact is in your list, their name will appear.
- Tap on it if you want to start a conversation with them
However, these steps are not the same if you don’t have the contact in your list. In such a case, here is what to do.
- Launch Telegram
- Open a chat conversation (you can also open Saved Messages).
- Type @ followed by the username after it (e.g. @vicky330).
- Send a text so that it appears in the conversation. It will appear as a link.
- Tap on the link. You will be directed to a conversation with that particular contact.
How to add someone on Telegram using phone number
Telegram accesses your phone contacts adding them to its contact list. It then displays a profile of those who are already on Telegram. This method requires you to know a person’s phone number and nationality before you add them. Below are the steps to follow.
- Launch Telegram app on your phone
- Tap on the three horizontal bars on top left sides of the screen.
- Go to Contacts and click on it.
- Tap on the + (plus) symbol. It lies on top right side of the screen.
- Enter your friend’s details. This includes the First Name, Last Name, Country and Mobile No.
- Tap the tick icon on top right corner. This will confirm the add.
If your friend is already using Telegram they will be immediately added to your Telegram contacts list. If not, Telegram will display a notification and will ask you to send an invitation.
How to invite friends on Telegram
You can send invitations to your phone contacts that are not using Telegram. Here is how.
- Open the Telegram app on your phone.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars. They appear on top left side of the screen.
- Go to Invite Friends and tap on it.
- Tap on a contact to select it.
- Tap on Invite to Telegram. An invitation message will be sent to the selected contacts.
Note: Charges for sending messages may apply.
That is all about adding contacts on Telegram. We hope that this guide is helpful to you. If you have any questions, or should you encounter difficulties with the same, let us know in the comments section below.
Read Also: How to get unbanned on telegram
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex