The Instagram story feature is a great way of communicating with your audience. To make your message more effective, you might have to change the background of your Instagram story.
It is okay to use the default story gradient as the Instagram story background. However, other times, you want to put your creativity to the test and make the background story livelier and more colorful. So, how do you change the background story to the color of your choice?
Can you change the background of an Instagram story post?
You can change the background of an Instagram story post to your desired color in three ways:
- With an uploaded photo
- On a story gradient
- With a post
How to change the background color on an Instagram story with a photo
You mostly use Instagram stories to post photos and videos. When doing so, there is a background color that borders it and adjusts to the colors in the image.
Below are the steps on how to customize the background color of an Instagram photo with a story:
- Create a new story and select a photo from the camera roll.
- On the draft screen, adjust the size of the photo to your liking by using two fingers and moving them in a zooming motion. The background color will surround the photo.
- Tap on the three dotted icons in the upper right corner and tap on Draw. A toolbar will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the left-most option on the top toolbar that looks like a pencil tip and choose any color you want.
You’ve successfully managed to change the background color of your picture story on Instagram.
How to change the background color on an Instagram story gradient
You might want to mix up some colors a little bit to make the Instagram story more colorful. Instead of using one color, you can create a color gradient using the following steps:
- Tap on the Aa icon on the upper left side that is labeled Create.
- Tap on the Aa icon at the bottom of the screen to display options.
- To create a color gradient, tap on the circle icon at the top of the screen. Search through the options until the one that you want.
- Once you’ve done this, you can add photos, text, or videos on top before posting it.
How to change the background on an Instagram story when sharing a post
Did you know, that you can also change the background color of a post on an Instagram story? Well yes, you can, and in an easy way. Below are steps on how to do it:
- Tap on the Share icon to share the post from your feed to your story.
- Tap on the Pen icon.
- Tap on the first pen option on the top corner of your screen.
- Select the color of your choice at the bottom of the screen.
- Press your finger on your screen. By doing so, you will change the background color of the post.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex