The error “Declined to Authorize This Image on This Device for This User” may occur when you try to restore or upgrade your iOS version.
The error comes from Tatsu Signing Server (TSS), a service provider integrated with all Apple devices and helps maintain its security.
In this article, I explain why Tatsu keeps displaying that error and what you need to do to fix it.
Why you’re getting the “Declined to Authorize This Image on This Device for This User” error
If you see the error message, “Tatsu declined to authorize this image on this device,” it is most likely due to one of the following issues:
1. iOS bugs
A bug affecting your iOS version could be the source of the authorization error. The good thing about bugs is that they are, in most cases, easy to identify and fix.
All you need to do is ensure your iOS version is up to date. You should also update the iTunes app to clear any glitches.
Read: 7 best YouTube to iTunes converters
2. iTunes error
A glitch in the iTunes app might lead to error messages, including the “Declined to Authorize This Image on This Device for This User” error.
The first thing you need to do here is close iTunes and re-launch it. Force closing iTunes often clears the cache memory, which might have been the original cause of the issue.
3. Tatsu Signing Server failing to send requests
In other cases, the Tatsu Signing Server may fail to send requests because host files have access to gs.apple.com.
If this is the case, disable the access, edit the file, and comment or delete any gs.apple.com-related entries to solve the above problem.
How to clear off the error message by updating iOS or iTunes
Follow these steps to clear off the error message:
- Tap on the Settings app and then tap on General
- Next, tap on the device’s Storage.
- Locate the update in the list of apps.
- Tap on the update, and then tap Delete Update.
- Once you’ve removed it, go to Settings and then General
- Next, tap on Software Update and download the latest update.
If you cannot find the update in the app list or if the issue occurs again, you should update your device with your computer using Finder or iTunes.”
Read: Here’s why iTunes keeps asking for a password
Follow these steps on MacBook:
- Launch iTunes.
- Click on iTunes from the menu bar options.
- Select Check for Updates. Wait a few minutes for the system to check for any updates.
- Download the iTunes update if available.
- Wait for the update, then check to see if the problem is still present.
If you are using Windows PC, this is what you need to do:
- Launch iTunes on your computer by double-clicking on it.
- Click on the Help option.
- Click Check for Updates to see if there are any new updates available.
- Wait for a few minutes for the system to check for it. The system will notify you if any new update is available with a Download iTunes option on your screen. Click on it.
- Wait for the installation updates, and then check whether the error is resolved.
At this point, the error should be resolved. Confirm whether you have the latest version of iOS without encountering the “Declined to Authorize This Image on This Device for This User” error on Tatsu.
Read: Fix “secure link to iTunes store failed”
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex