FaceTime is a video chatting app available on all Apple devices and on the App Store. Just like a phone call, it also has a calling history that shows the contacts called and the duration taken. In addition, you can call a contact on FaceTime using their email address or phone number.
Call history is, therefore, important if you are looking for someone’s email address and phone number, which is unavailable in the address book.
Is your FaceTime call history not showing, or are you looking for someone’s email address or phone number? We’ll explain how you can retrieve old FaceTime calls.
How to view your entire FaceTime call history
You may want to see the entire FaceTime call history but do not know how to. Follow these steps:
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad.
- An entire call rundown will be displayed on the screen.
- Switch between the audio and video calls in the top menu.
How to view your entire FaceTime call history on Mac and MacBook
Mac and MacBook are Apple computers that have the FaceTime app already installed. Here is how you can view the FaceTime call log:
- Launch the FaceTime app on the Launchpad.
- All the recent calls will be displayed on the dashboard.
- If you are looking for the missed call logs, click on the Missed icon.
How to view FaceTime history with one person
Below are the steps for viewing a FaceTime call log of one person:
- Launch the FaceTime app from the menu.
- You will see the recent calls displayed on the FaceTime call history.
- Scroll up or down the call log to see the name you are seeking.
- Tap on the person’s contact to view the call time and date, whether the call made was an audio or video call, or their phone number and email.
FaceTime call history has disappeared
You can easily find the FaceTime call history by opening its app, but what about when they’ve disappeared? Apple users have reported events where FaceTime call logs have disappeared, or the app does not show all calls.
The call history may not show all the calls because the older ones have been replaced with the new and recent ones. Apple devices can store up to 1,000 recent calls but will display the last 100 calls. If you are looking for recent calls, you have to delete some calls in your call history:
- Launch the Phone app from the menu.
- Tap on Recent.
- Choose the contact history you want to delete, swipe left, and tap on the Delete icon.
You can also recover your FaceTime call history through the iCloud backup. You can do this by:
- Download the Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone on your Mac or PC.
- Choose the option that says Recover from iCloud.
- Click on Contacts & Call Logs and then click Next.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password.
- A list of available iCloud backed-up files will appear. Choose the one you are currently using and click Scan.
- Select Call History on the left menu. A list of existing and deleted contact logs will appear.
- Select Save to save the call history on your iPhone or computer.
Melvin is a senior writer at iMentality. A DIYer at heart, Melvin loves to craft things in the tech space. He has amassed over a decade of experience in tech writing with special focus on apps and tech guides.