Chances are that you have more than one email account. While the accounts may serve different areas, accessing the emails from the many accounts is not easy. For instance, to access all the emails, you have to sign in to each account separately. This can be a very boring exercise.
Luckily, you can access messages from your various accounts in one email account. In this article, we will show you how to automatically forward iCloud emails to your Gmail account.
If you don’t like forwarding all the messages, you can set up a criterion to only forward specific emails. It is just easy, and in case you change your mind, you can undo it.
Forwarding all iCloud emails to Gmail automatically
As mentioned above, you can transfer all your iCloud messages to your Gmail account. If you choose to do so, follow the steps below.
- Head over to icloud.com and sign in
- In the new window, go to Mail and select it
- Click on the gear icon to open the Actions Menu. The gear icon should be on the bottom left of your screen.
- Select preferences from the Actions Menu
- In the pop-up window, click on the General
- Go to Forwarding then mark the checkbox next to Forward my email to
- Enter the email address you want your iCloud emails to send to.
- If you want to delete the messages after forwarding, check the box next to Delete messages after forwarding. You may it leave unchecked if you want to retain your messages.
- Click on Done.
Once you have done this, your iCloud emails will be transferred to your Gmail account. But, it is good to confirm if it works correctly. So, to confirm, send yourself a message to your iCloud email address. Alternatively, you can have a friend do that.
The new message should be forwarded to the email address you entered. If iCloud email forwarding is not working, you should retry the above steps again to correct where you went wrong.
Read Also: How do I sync iCloud contacts with Gmail?
How to stop the fowarding
In case you change your mind, you can stop the forwarding. Below is how to proceed
- Head back to Forwarding
- Uncheck the box next to Forward my email to
- Click on Done
Forwarding specific emails only
If you don’t want to forward all the emails, you can set up a criterion to receive specific messages only. For example, you can decide to only forward messages from a specific sender, or messages with particular words. You can achieve this by setting the Rules in iCloud Mail.
The steps are:
- Sign into icloud.com
- Select Mail
- Click on the gear icon to open the Actions Menu.
- Select Rules
- Click on Add a Rule
- Complete the If a message section using the options from the drop-down box
- Go to Then and select Forward to from the drop-down box
- Enter the email address you want your emails to be forwarded to
- Click on Done
How to remove the iCloud forwarding rule
In case you want to remove this rule;
- Head back to the Rules area
- Click on the information icon for the rule
- Click on Delete
- Confirm the deletion
That is all we had on how to how to automatically forward iCloud emails to your Gmail account. The same applies to forwarding iCloud emails to other email accounts like yahoo, outlook etc. Regards.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex