Instagram is a cross-platform social application for iOS, Windows phone, and Android. The application uses caching to speed up, avoid downloading videos and images already accessed. The more you use this app to share photos and videos, the more space it consumes. As a result, you need to clear Instagram cache from iPhone to free up space
Instagram uses about 24MB when you install on your iPhone. But it grows to use gigabytes of space.
How to Check How Much Space Instagram is Using on iPhone
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on general then iPhone Storage or Usage.
- Wait for all applications to load.
- Once they load, you will see the total size used by Instagram and other apps.
Read Also: Fix problem with request on Instagram
How To Delete Instagram Cache on iPhone
Before you clear Instagram cache from iPhone, ensure your internet connection is strong. And, there are several options you can use to free up iPhone space. Below are ways you can remove the Instagram cache from iPhone.
Delete Instagram to Clear Cache
Deleting and installing the application is the easiest way to clear cache and free up space. Note that this option will delete the history of Instagram account ID and password. Still, after you delete, you will lose all photos and videos updated on Instagram.
- On your iPhone, click on Settings
- Navigate to General then iPhone Storage or Usage
- Select ‘Instagram’ from the application list
- Click ‘delete app’ to delete Instagram and cache from your iPhone.
- Now, open the App Store and search for Instagram on the iPhone.
- Click the download button
- The application will install on your iPhone again.
- Enter your user name and password to sign in Instagram.
Clear Instagram History in iPhone Settings
History is generated when Instagram caches retain the hashtags and other histories you searched. You can clear Instagram history following these steps.
- Launch the app on your iPhone
- Navigate to the bottom and find the profile icon and click it
- Click on the Settings icon
- Navigate down and click on Clear Search History
- Click ‘Yes’ and confirm
That’s it, you have cleared Instagram history.
Delete Instagram History in Search
- Launch the application
- Find the Search icon at the bottom and click on it
- Click on the search bar and the search history will appear
- Click on clear button do delete search history.
You can also use professional software to remove Instagram cache from iPhone. FoneCope iPhone Data Eraser will help to clear the Instagram cache on iOS.
Check this too: How to recover deleted Instagram photos on iPhone
Features of FoneCope iPhone Data Eraser
- It clears all cache on iPhone in a single click. This includes Instagram, Facebook, and other applications.
- Deletes all iPhone data
- Clears deleted files and cookies on the iPhone permanently. Nothing can be retrieved by iOS.
- Protects your data from leaking by wiping private data and fragments
How to Install and Delete Instagram Cache using iPhone Data Eraser
- Download the app
- Install and launch the app on your PC
- Using a USB, connect the iPhone to the computer
- Tap on 1-click up free space and press quick scan in the middle
- Once the scanning is complete, click the clean button next to junk files and temporary files to delete Instagram cache.
All app caches including Instagram will be deleted.
What happens when you Clear Instagram cache?
When you clear Instagram cache, you will get locked out and cache will be deleted including offline files stored on your iPhone. The application will remain unharmed. You can get back using your normal username and password.
It’s easy to clear Instagram cache from the iPhone using the above steps. That way you will free up iPhone storage, protect private data, and maintain optimal performance.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex