What better way to have fun while chatting than by using stickers? It, therefore, becomes inconvenient when stickers are not working on iMessage.
There are a couple of reasons why stickers may not work. But no matter the issue, you can fix the problem in a few simple steps. In this article, we’ll cover solutions that we’ve found to work.
Ways to fix the iMessage stickers issue
Stickers or sticker packs may not open in iMessage or fail to send due to glitching apps, software bugs, or hardware malfunction.
Despite these problems sounding complicated, they can be easily fixed using the solutions listed below.
1. Delete stickers mini-app
Memoji or other stickers may not appear on iMessage, especially in iOS versions 13 and upwards, due to a software bug. All you need to do to fix the issue is to delete the stickers app and install it again.
Below are guidelines on how to do so:
- Launch the iMessage app on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the app list on the keyboard and tap on More.
- On the upper left side of the menu, tap on the Edit icon.
- Scroll down the options and select the sticker pack you want to delete.
- Turn off the green toggle to the right to delete the sticker pack.
Having done the above, you can reinstall the sticker app from the App Store. Next, tap on the sticker pack in the iMessage conversation.
Finally, hold and drag the sticker to the top of the message to see whether it works.
2. Restart iMessage
A simple restart is sometimes all you need to fix the iMessage stickers bug. Follow these steps to restart the iMessage app:
- Swipe up the phone’s Home screen and hold to display the background apps.
- Swipe left or right to find the iMessage app.
- Finally, swipe up the iMessage card to forcefully close it.
3. Check your internet connection
A poor internet connection may be another reason Memoji stickers are not showing up on iMessage.
Without a proper internet connection, you cannot send messages or stickers. Ensure your iPhone is connected to a reliable internet connection, whether Wi-Fi or cellular network.
If the Wi-Fi network is unstable, you can switch to cellular data and vice versa. You can also reset the network settings and check whether the stickers work.
4. Change Memoji stickers settings.
Another alternative to going through your iMessage stickers not working is to turn off and off the Memoji stickers to reset them. Here is how to reset the Memoji Stickers settings:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General and then tap on the Keyboards option.
- Scroll down the menu page and look for the Memoji stickers option.
- Turn off the Memoji Stickers toggle, and after a few seconds, turn it on.
The method above is proven to work with only a small problem: some stickers in the sticker pack do not show or appear blank.
You can even add custom stickers on iMessage and send them as an alternative solution.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex