If your iPad or iPhone displays a low-battery image and is unresponsive or won’t charge, it could be because of a wide range of issues. In this article, we will analyze the reason behind this problem and address why the iPhone shows low battery and won’t turn on. You will then learn how to solve the problem so that the low battery image error doesn’t show on your iPhone.
Low battery image on iPhone
In most cases, the iPhone’s red battery icon can be displayed on the screen. It is a sign to you that your iPhone is on the brink of going off because of low charge. Therefore it requires being charged. The iPhone might still be working even when exhibiting low charge battery.
Other instances when your iPhone has a very low charge, it will not turn on. It is because the little charge it has is being preserved for your settings and your data. Therefore, you definitely need to charge your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to charge on a wall outlet which is preferable since the output has more power compared to using computer’s USB port. It will, therefore, take less time to a wall outlet to fully charge your iPhone than on using USB on a computer.
- Give your iPhone a while of charging then turn it on while it is still connected to your power outlet.
When your iPhone completely drains the battery, it will require a little more time of charging before it turns on. After charging for about 15 minutes, it might not turn on even when you press the power button. Instead, it will display on its screen both red battery icon and cable connection icon indicating it still need to be connected on to power outlet.
When you see the icons, it is a good sign that the phone is responding. You then need to give it more time to charge before retrying to power it on. The best time taken in charging the completely drained iPhone battery is about 4 hours.
Reboot the unresponsive iPhone
When your iPhone is still not responsive even after charging, then it could be that its iOS is frozen. Your iPhone is said to be unresponsive when it cannot be turned off or restart.
When your iPhone is in that condition, you will have to force reboot your iPhone. Follow the steps on restarting your unresponsive iPhone.
- Hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for about 10 seconds and then release.
- The iPhone will boot up and show the Apple Logo on the screen. After that, it will restart.
If using this method does not work, then you can use versions of software like Tenorshare or Imobie PhoneRescue to reboot your iPhone recovery mode. If you are using TenorShare, follow the steps below:
- Download and install Tenorshare on your computer.
- While on Tenorshare connect your iPhone to the computer and press enter
- “Recovery Mode” > Exit Recovery Mode > Your iPhone restarts
These few guidelines will resolve your iPhone “showing low battery and it won’t turn on” problem. If you still encounter unresponsive iPhone, then it could be a serious problem that needs the attention of the guys at Apple.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex