The NewGamepad version for iOS is a multi-platform emulator that features an array of platforms including Nintendo DS, GameBoy Advance, PSP, GameBoy Classic, PlayStation 1 and Nintendo 64 giving you a wide variety to choose from when playing your favorite classic games.
It also allows you to download ROMs directly from the app and launch them automatically, complete with their own controller scheme. In this guide, we will detail two methods on how to download and install NewGamepad for iOS 12 without jailbreak.
Read Also: How to download GC4iOS GameCube emulator
Method 1: Installing NewGamepad from your browser
For this method, all you need is your iOS device with up-to-date firmware and an active internet connection. Proceed with the steps below:
- Launch the Safari Browser on your iOS device
- Visit iemulators and scroll down the page.
- Click on the ‘Download Page’ option
- Click on the ‘Install’ option at the bottom of the following page.
- Next, click on the ‘Install NewGamepad’ in the resulting page to commence the download.
- On the following popup menu; ‘public.boxcloud.com would like to install “NewGamepad”’, click on ‘Install’
- After the installation is complete, navigate to Settings > General > Profiles. Tap on the developer profile and choose to trust the app.
That’s it! You can now enjoy your favorite retro video-games right on your iDevice. However, with this method, you might experience a lot of distracting ads placed within the app by the third-party appstores. If that is a major turnoff for you, then you might consider using the second method below:
Method 2: Installing using the NewGamepad IPA
To download and install NewGamepad IPA, you’ll need your iOS device, a lightning cable, Cydia Impactor, and a PC. Then proceed with the steps below:
- Download the NewGamepad IPA onto your computer.
- Next, launch Cydia Impactor. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can check out the download procedure.
- Connect your iOS device to your PC using the lightning cable.
- Drag and drop the NewGamepad IPA into Cydia Impactor.
- In the next step, Cydia Impactor will require you to input youe Apple ID and password. This is verified by Apple and used to sign the IPA file.
- After the installation completes, navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and Trust the app profile with your Apple ID on it.
And that’s it! This method gets rid of all those irritating advertisements and popups in the app, allowing you to focus solely on your games.
Hopefully this guide on how to download NewGamepad for iOS 12 has been a help towards your mission to enjoy all your favorite classic games.
Read Also: How to install Nintendo 3DS Emulator
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex