The iPhone device management is an in-built feature for allowing or restricting some features on your device. You can use it to securely and wirelessly configure your iPhone through actions such as updating software and device settings among others.
If Profiles and Device Management is missing on iOS, you can’t install some apps. This is because you will not be able to access the option to trust the app.
In most cases, this option disappears when you reset your iPhone. It may also disappear after an update. However, you can fix it in a few simple steps.
3 ways to fix a missing Profiles and Device Management option on iPhone
Whenever the profile and device management option disappears on your iPhone, you can fix it in two major ways:
1. Reset all settings
Resetting your iOS settings comes in handy whenever your device fails or malfunctions after you’ve made changes to the Settings app.
To restore your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app
- Navigate to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone
- Select Reset
- Choose Reset All Settings
- Enter your device passcode
- Tap Reset All Settings
Wait for the iPhone to reset. It takes a few seconds to complete.
Read Also: iPhone contact names are missing but searchable in messages
2. Get the Apple developer profile
You can install the Apple developer profile through the following steps:
- Open the https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram and using your Apple ID, sign in.
- Tap on Enroll your account, scroll down and click Download Profile.
- This will take you to Settings, to Install the profile. Click Install profile.
- When done, reboot your iPhone. Go to Settings, click on General, and you should be able to see the Profile option under VPN in settings.
3. Update iOS
Your profile may not be visible in Settings, but it is advisable to update to the latest version of iOS. This is because it could be a general issue that Apple is aware of and they may just develop permanent solutions in future iOS versions.
But before you update, it is worth noting that in earlier iPhone models the Profiles and Device Management were found under Profiles.
In a bid to curb the installation of third-party applications, Apple changed this. To find the device management on your iPhone, follow these steps;
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to General
- Select VPN and Device Management.
- Go to configuration Profiles and pick your preferred Profile
- Select Install then Enable
4. Re-install the profile
If you are iPhone is part of an organization, you need to add a profile manually. Once you have downloaded a profile from either a website or email, it is now time to install it. Here is how to do it:
On downloading you will see a notification for profile downloaded or enroll in (insert organization name). Once this option appears, do the following:
- Launch Settings
- Tap Profile Downloaded or Enroll in. (insert organization name)
- Tap install in the upper-right corner and follow on-screen instructions.
Hopefully, you have managed to fix the issue and the Profiles and Device management option is restored.
Read Also: iPhone text messages disappear from the inbox
Melvin is a senior writer at iMentality. A DIYer at heart, Melvin loves to craft things in the tech space. He has amassed over a decade of experience in tech writing with special focus on apps and tech guides.