When you take a photo or record a video with a Snapchat caption, you decide to remove it, it will be much of a hassle if you don’t know how to go about it. However, this doesn’t mean that it is impossible.
This article will help you remove Snapchat captions easily from photos or videos. You can use any of the methods provided here:
Solution 1: Using Snapchat
This will only work if you have saved your photo or video on Snapchat. If you have, proceed as follows:
- Open Snapchat and swipe up to access Memories. This is where all the photos and videos are stored.
- Long press the photo or video from which you want to remove the caption. Four options will pop up once you do this. They are: ‘Edit,’ ‘Export,’ ‘Hide,’ and ‘Delete.’
- Select ‘Edit.’
- Press the caption. By doing this, you will be able to erase whatever was written as a caption. This applies both to photos and videos which are 15 seconds or less.
- After erasing the caption, press the ‘Done’ option on the upper-right side of your screen.
Read Also: Why there is no sound on your Snapchat voice changer
A pop-up with three more options will appear: ‘Save as Copy,’ ‘Discard Changes,’ and ‘Cancel.’ Select ‘Save as Copy.’ This will enable you to retain both the photo or video with a caption and without.
Remember, this will only work under two conditions: if the photo or video is saved on Snapchat and if the video is 15 seconds or less.
Solution 2: Using software
This method is suitable for photos that have not been saved on Snapchat. These photos will be located under the ‘Camera Roll’. For you to be able to remove captions from the said photos, you will need software known as Photo Stamp Remover.
This software can remove displeasing objects in a picture. Before we continue, please note that this software is not free. It requires a one-time fee of $30 that can be paid via a credit card or an online mode of payment such as PayPal.
READ: Ways to destroy a failed Snap
If you can afford it, then proceed as follows:
- Download the software here and set it up using the guide that will be given.
- Open it and add the image you want to edit using the ‘Add File(s)’.
- Select the part of the image with the caption using the ‘Rectangular’ feature. This feature is located under the Toolbox column. This will be on the upper right side of your monitor. By doing this, you will be able to highlight the caption’s rectangular text box.
- Once you are done, click the remove button. The result will be a caption-free photo.
- Click on the ‘Save As’ option to save the final result.
The methods detailed above will be able to help you remove any caption from a photo or a video, whether it has been saved on Snapchat or not.
READ: How to fix a Snapchat device ban
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex