Not getting the desired results on Bumble? And the “Bumble out of people” message is not making it any better. Then it’s probably time to consider starting a fresh and reset Bumble account.
Are you looking to reset your Bumble account without deleting or losing your current matches? Well, there is no straightforward way to do that. However, you can try deleting the app’s cache.
So, how do you reset your swipes on Bumble? Well, it’s simple. Follow any of the steps below, and you’re good to go.
Disconnect from Facebook
For those who use Facebook to log into their Bumble account, disconnecting the two is your first step towards deleting Bumble and starting over.
To disconnect Bumble from Facebook:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Tap the three horizontal lines, next to the notification icon
- On the drop-down menu, go to “settings & privacy”
- Under “Account Settings” select “Apps & Websites”
- Tap on “Edit” and choose “Logged in with Facebook”
- There will be a list of “Active” apps. Select Bumble
- Scroll down and click “Remove App”
- Confirm by clicking “Remove” if the prompt shows up
- Disconnecting Bumble from Facebook on a Computer
- Log into Facebook
- Click the drop-down button in the upper right corner and select “Settings”
- Click on “Apps & Websites” from the left navigation menu
- Check Bumble on the list and click “Remove”
- Confirm by clicking “Remove” again if the prompt shows up
The disconnection of Bumble from Facebook may or may not remove your account from Bumble. To be sure, check if the account still exists through your phone or PC.
You probably log in using your mobile number if it’s still there. Therefore, you will have to remove the account manually.
Deleting Bumble manually
You can easily delete your Bumble account manually. However, if you are a premium member, you’ll need to cancel your membership first before you can delete your account.
- Log in to your Bumble account
- Tap the “Profile” icon. It is on the top left corner
- Click on “Settings”
- Scroll down and choose “Delete Account”
- Give a reason for deleting the account
- Confirm the action by selecting “Delete Account”
- Uninstall Bumble from your phone to get rid of the cache data
Now, with your Bumble account gone, it’s advisable to wait at least 24 hours before downloading the app again and starting afresh.
Starting over on Bumble
To avoid the mistakes that made you reset your Bumble account, it’s good to consider a few factors when setting up the new profile.
1. You need quality pictures
To start with, post better pictures. They must be clear and give a good representation of who you are.
You can ask friends and family to help you pick some of your best photos. It is a good idea to make use of all the 6 photo slots
2. Broaden your preference
Starting with age all the way to filtering things like level of education, drinking status, level of exercise, and whatever it is you’re looking for on Bumble.
Don’t apply to many filters or you’ll only have a few connections to make and you may run out of them within a short time.
3. Change your swiping pattern
Avoid right-swiping on every profile. This could result in your account being penalized by dropping adversely in rankings. It will be shown less frequently, hence limiting your matches.
Fortunately for Bumble users, if your Bumble accidentally swiped left, the profile is likely to be brought back for you to have another go.
So, can you reset your swipes on Bumble? Well, the algorithm does it for you without the need to delete your account, and tweaking a few things on your profile goes a long way increasing your match potentials.
4. Make use of the profile prompts
You have to choose good questions. The ones which your answers to them make you shine.
Your questions can help you to land a date. Therefore, make sure to spend some time ensuring that they are perfect.
5. Give it a Break
Considering Bumble tends to bring up the profiles that have already swiped right on you first, you should give the app a rest occasionally and let the profiles pile up.
You could add your Spotify and Instagram accounts. The former is to let people see your taste of music, while the latter will give potential matches a broader look into your life.
Lastly, you should get your account verified.
Setting up a new Bumble with Facebook
If you’re using Facebook to create your new Bumble account, make sure you change your Facebook bio first. From the images, the city you live in, and your career too.
New login credentials that you can remember are important. Especially, if in future, you forgot Bumble password or need to change it for security purposes.
The answer to the question “Does resetting Bumble work?” lies in the information written above. All you need to do is follow the instructions keenly. Create a strong password that you can remember
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex