As the name suggests, Facebook Dating is a feature from Facebook that matches you with someone according to your set preferences. These preferences can include age, height, country, and even gender. To start using the dating app, you must create a profile first.
The advantage of using Facebook Dating is that Facebook users who are not registered to this feature cannot see your profile. However, while using Facebook Dating, you may want to reset or recover the match set after a minor inconvenience.
This article teaches you how to start afresh on Facebook Dating so that you can get a chance to pick from matches you had rejected earlier.
How to reset Facebook Dating matches
You may want to change your Facebook Dating matches and want other profile matches. To do this, you have to change your Facebook Dating preferences using the following steps:
- Launch your Facebook app on your device.
- Tap on the menu with a three-bar icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Dating with a heart-shaped icon.
- Tap on the Settings option with a gear icon.
- Under ideal match, tap on the section you want to change and make the necessary changes.
- Tap on the Save option in the upper right corner of the screen.
Read: How to reset Bumble swipes
Does Facebook Dating have a like limit?
You are allowed to send 100 likes daily to people or profiles you find interesting. If you do not know how to do it, follow these steps to send a like:
- Launch your Facebook app and tap on the menu with the three bars icon.
- Tap on the Dating option in the menu with a heart-shaped icon.
- Tap on the heart-shaped icon next to the picture to send a like, or tap on the profile photo you want.
- Once you’ve tapped the photo, you can write a message by tapping on the paper airplane icon.
The conversation will start when the other person sends a like or replies to your message. You will be notified whenever a crush sends you a like or messages you on Facebook Dating.
Why am I not getting matches?
You may not be getting matches on Facebook Dating because the app you are using is outdated and does not have Facebook’s latest features. The solution is to update the app on App Store for iOS devices or Google Play Store on Android devices.
The Facebook Dating services may also be down for everyone, and the only thing you have to do is wait. In some cases, however, you may have a poor or unstable internet connection and, therefore, cannot get matches.
Ensure that your smartphone is on a strong Wi-Fi or cellular data connection, or you can manage your network settings.
Way to search for someone on Facebook Dating
If you want to know if someone is on the Facebook Dating app, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Facebook app.
- Tap on Facebook Dating.
- Tap the search button to search for the person you’re looking for.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex