One of the coolest things about editing your videos on iPhone is using the reverse feature. It’s a cool experience that would make you appear like a pro editor when you show the clip to friends, family, or social media followers. If you want to learn how to do it, keep reading this article as we discuss different ways to reverse videos on iOS.
First, you should note that there’s no inbuilt feature to reverse a video on an iPhone camera roll. So, how do you play the videos in reverse?
- Using third-party apps.
- Using online websites.
Let’s discuss the two in detail.
How to use apps to reverse your videos on iPhone
Below are the best third-party apps to use for reversing videos on your iPhone:
1. Reverse Vid
Reverse Vid offers an easy and efficient way to reverse videos on iPhone and iPad. Here is how to get it working:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search bar and type Reverse Vid.
- Hit Search and select the Reverse Vid: Play it Backwards app from the search results.
- Download and install the app.
- Go back to your home page and open the app.
- Next, select a video from your photo app library that you want to reverse.
- Ideally, you can record a new video within the Reverse Vid app.
- Go to the slide bar at the bottom and adjust the speed the video reverses.
- Tap on Preview to see if the speed is okay.
- Tap on OK and wait for the process to complete.
- After it completes, go to the top-right corner and tap on the Save Button.
- The reversed video will be saved in your camera roll.
READ: How to merge videos on iPhone without using iMovie
If you want to learn how to reverse a video on iPhone for free, get the InShot app. It’s a great video editing app with various additional features like trimming and visual effects.
Follow the guide below to install and download it:
- Open your App Store and search for InShot.
- Download and install the app on your iPhone.
- Launch InShot and tap on the Video option.
- Give the app permission to access your photos and videos.
- When your photo library opens, select the video you want to reverse (long-press the video to preview).
- Use the trim option (scissor icon) to trim the video.
- Swipe the tools strip to the left until you see the Reverse option.
- Tap the Reverse button and let the app reverse your video.
- Tap the Speed option and adjust the playback speed. You can use the Curve option to add variable speed effects to the clip.
- To mute the audio on the clip, tap on the Volume tool. Then, to add music to the reversed video, go to the Music tool > Tracks > Import Music or use music from the InShot audio library.
- Go to the top-right corner and tap on Share.
- Select your preferred Resolution and Frame Rate for the video and tap on Save.
- The video will be saved in your photo app library. You’ll find it in the recent album.
When you click to view the video, you’ll notice it has the InShot app watermark. Fortunately, you can remove it using the tips below:
- Select the reversed video on the Inshot app.
- Tap on the watermark on the bottom-right corner.
- Select Free Remove.
- Tap Share on the top-right corner, followed by Save.
READ: How to send a video from an iPhone without losing quality
Videoshop is another all-around video editing app with a simple and easy-to-use reverse feature.
Here is how to use it:
- First, download the app from the App Store and install it on your iPhone.
- Launch the app on your iPhone.
- Import a video from your photo app library or shoot one from the video shop app.
- Ensure you give the app permissions to access your photo library and camera when prompted.
- You’ll find the editing tools at the bottom.
- Tap on Reverse.
- Tap on Play to see how it reverses. You can adjust the speed by making it faster or slower.
- If satisfied, go to the top-right corner and tap on Save. The video will be saved in your camera roll.
How to reverse a video on iPhone without an app
If you don’t want to download third-party apps on your device, you can opt to reverse a video on your iPhone online. Here is how:
1. Use Ezgif
This is an online video editing site with various features—one of them being video reversal. Check out its user guide below:
- Launch Safari browser on your iPhone and visit Ezgif.
- Tap on Choose Your File and upload the video you wish to reverse.
- Tap the Upload Button.
- Give it time to process the reverse.
- After it finishes, tap on Download to get the reversed video.
READ: How to download Tumblr videos to iPhone
2. Use Clideo
Clideo is another online site you can use to invert a video on iPhone. Let’s see how it works.
- Open your browser and go to Clideo’s video reverse tool.
- Tap on the Choose File button.
- Upload the video file you want to reverse.
- Select your preferred reverse speed. The available options are 0.5 (half the speed in reverse), 1 (the same speed in reverse), and 2 (twice the speed in reverse).
- You can tick the mute box to remove the audio or leave it on for comedic effect.
- If you want to change your video format, go to the screen’s bottom-left corner. You should select MP4, the most recommended format for playback on iPhone.
- Tap the Green Reverse button in the bottom-right corner to process the video.
- After processing, your new, reversed video will be ready for download.
- Tap on the Play button to preview the video.
- Tap on Download to get the reversed video on your iPhone.
Now that you know how to reverse videos on iPhone using apps and without the app, you should try both methods. Play around with the additional app or website features and see how your reversed video will turn out.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex