As an Apple user, you are very conversant with FaceTime and use it every so often. However, you may also wonder how long you have been on a call with a family member or friend. Unfortunately, due to constant changes in the iOS interfaces, it cannot be easy to see your call duration on FaceTime.
When you are on a FaceTime call, it is difficult to see the elapsed time on the screen. There are other means, however, that you can apply if you would like to see them.
Ways to check how long you have been on FaceTime
You must note that you cannot see how long you’ve been on FaceTime without hanging up. On the other hand, you can see how long you have a FaceTime audio call without hanging up.
Below are steps on how to check the call duration on a FaceTime video call:
- Start a FaceTime video call by tapping on the FaceTime app.
- Tap on a contact from your phone’s contact list and tap on the FaceTime camera icon to start the call. Ensure you connect your device to a stable internet connection to connect the call.
- Chat with the other caller(s) for as long as you like.
- Tap on the red End button to end the call.
- Tap on the Recent tab on your Phone app to see your call history.
- Tap on the ‘i’ icon button next to the contact name to view the call details. From there, you can view the call duration, date, and time the call was made.
How to view the call duration of a FaceTime audio call
Below are the steps on how to see how long a FaceTime call was on a mac, iPhone, or iPad:
- Start a FaceTime audio call by tapping on the phone call icon next to the contact’s name. You don’t need Wi-Fi to make an audio call.
- Navigate through the call screen, and it might be visible at the beginning of the call. In some devices, it is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- If not, you can check the call duration after the call ends through the Recent tabs on the phone app. next, tap on the ‘i’ button on the right side of the contact’s name.
The bottom line is that you cannot view the elapsed time during a FaceTime call. You can only see the call duration after you end the call.
Stephanie is a tech writer with over 3 years of experience covering How To’s, Troubleshooting, and many other topics related to iOS, Windows, and Android. When she isn’t writing, Stephanie is either walking her dog or traveling.