Do you have a problem logging into your Uber app and don’t know what the problem is or how to fix it? Worry not. Most of the problems you’ll encounter while using Uber are easy to fix.
So, we’ll take you through possible causes for Uber sign-in issues, their solutions, and how to prevent future problems.
What causes the Uber sign-in issue?
If you can’t sign in to uber, it could be because of the following:
- The login details are incorrect.
- You don’t have access to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Your account is locked.
How to troubleshoot Uber app sign-in error
Follow these detailed guides to troubleshoot login issues on the Uber app:
1. Check your network connection
First, check your network connection to ensure it is working properly. Try moving closer to your router or rebooting it to refresh your connection if you’re using Wi-Fi.
You can also switch to another network, enable and disable airplane mode, and check if the Uber app has access to your cellular data. If nothing works, reset the network settings as shown below:
How to reset network settings on Android
- Launch “Settings” on your device.
- Tap on “System” or “General Management.”
- Select “Reset” or “Reset Options.”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- Confirm that you want to reset the network settings.
READ: How to fix Snap Map
How to reset network settings on iPhone
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap on “General.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Reset.”
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings.”
- Enter your passcode when prompted to and tap on “Reset Network Settings” again to confirm.
With a good network, you won’t get the server error when logging in to the Uber app.
2. Login on another device
Try and log in to Uber on any device other than your phone. If you’re successful, you’ll know your phone is the issue and proceed to troubleshoot the phone. But, if you fail, go to the next solution.
3. Restart the app
The next solution is to force-close the Uber app, wait a few minutes, launch the app again and try to log in. This could fix glitches affecting your sign-in.
4. Restart your phone
If restarting your app doesn’t work, you should reboot the phone. This simple action is quite reliable in fixing minor system issues affecting a phone’s performance.
5. Install software updates
Check if there are any software updates for your device and install them immediately.
Android users should go to Settings > About Phone/Device > System/Software Updates > Update Now.
On the other hand, iPhone users will go to Settings > General > Software Update. Ideally, both users can turn On automatic updates.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Uber app
Delete the app from your phone and reinstall it. This is the best way to wipe out the cache, settings, and data. Thus eliminating any bugs that might cause the login problem.
Plus, you’ll have to download an updated version of the app. Make sure to download from the specific app store on your device.
7. Check the login details
Make sure the login details are correct. Confirm that all the characters are correct whether you log in to Uber with your email or mobile number. Next, check your password. If all the details are okay but you can’t log in, move to the next solution.
8. Reset your password
Forgetting your app password is very common. Fortunately, you can easily reset it and gain access to your account. Use the guide below to reset your Uber app password:
- Tap on “Forgot Password”: When you fail to log in to your Uber app, you’ll be stuck on the login screen. The first go-to solution is to tap on the “Forgot Password” option below the “password” option.
- Enter your email address/phone number: Tapping the “Reset Password” option redirects you to a “Reset Password” screen. Enter your Uber account’s email address or phone number and tap “Next.” A link will be sent to the email. You’ll get a verification code via text if you enter a phone number.
- Open your email account: Open your email account and locate the email from Uber.
- Open the email from Uber: The email has a link for changing your password. However, it expires after 2 minutes, after which you’ll have to request another one.
- Tap on the link in the email: Tap on the link before it expires, and you’ll be redirected to the Uber app or website on a “Reset password” screen. Those who got verification codes will have to enter the code to access the “Reset Password” screen.
- Enter and confirm your new password: Type in your new password and re-enter it again. They should meet the password requirements set by Uber and match too. Tap “Next” to confirm the password change.
- Login with the new password: Go back to your Uber app and log in with the new password.
9. Contact support
If you still can’t access the Uber app, chances are the problem is on their end. So, get in touch with the Uber support team and tell them about your issue. They’re better placed to know what’s wrong with your account and how to solve it.
Hopefully, one of these troubleshooting solutions will help you log in to your Uber account. The last thing you need is for the app to act up when you are about to order a ride or take ride requests if you’re a driver.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex