Most Apple devices such as iPhones are inbuilt with a passcode that provides security to your data. Passcodes are very important since they protect your personal information in case your iPhone is stolen or lost.
The only problem is when you forget your passcode and you are unable to use your iPhone. Apple recommends that you use a computer to unlock your phone. However, when you are neither near a computer nor able to access one, this option isn’t ideal.
Ways to unlock your iPhone passcode without using a computer
This article will show you how to unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer. With these methods, you do not need a secret passcode to unlock any iPhone.
Go through them and select what works best for you.
1. Reset using the Find My App
Find My App is available in App Store and can smoothly run on an iPhone. You can download it on another device without using a computer. Once installed, you can remotely use the app to erase the passcode.
The drawback of using this app is that it erases all the data that is on your iPhone. You can, however, recover it from the latest backup on iCloud. Here’s how to use Find My to unlock your phone:
- Download and install the Find My App application on another device such as an iPad.
- Tap on the Find My App application to open it.
- Sign in using your Apple account by entering your Apple ID and password.
- When you are logged in, a map will appear displaying all your devices on them.
- Tap on your iPhone to select it. Remember that your iPhone should be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network for the process to work.
- Tap on the actions that are displayed and select ‘Erase iPhone’. This will delete your passcode and all the data that is on your iPhone.
- Once your iPhone has been reset, it will prompt you to set it up afresh. The set-up process involves tapping on ‘Restore from iCloud Backup’ on your unlocked phone.
- Enter your iCloud login details to restore your latest backup to your phone.
Read Also: iPhone passcode is not working? How to fix
2. Reset using iCloud
You can reset your iPhone password using iCloud. Start by signing in through another Apple device such as an iPad or a friend’s phone.
Similar to Find My App, the iCloud feature erases your passcode and your data. It is, therefore, important to have your data backed up in iCloud in case you want to restore it.
Note that your iPhone should be connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network before you start the process. Follow these steps to reset your password:
- With the device you are using, go to iCloud.com
- Sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- You may be required to sign in again. If not, select ‘Find My iPhone’.
- Select ‘All Devices’ that is on the menu at the middle-top corner of the screen.
- Choose your iPhone from a drop-down list.
- Once you have selected your iPhone, select ‘Erase iPhone’ to erase your iPhone’s passcode and all its data.
You need to set up your iPhone once it has been erased. To do this, tap on ‘Restore From iCloud Backup’ to restore your latest backup from iCloud to your device. When you are done resetting, you will have a working iPhone with recovered data.
3. Reset your iPhone passcode using Siri
Using Siri is the quickest way to unlock your iPhone without a password. Only iPhones that run iOS 8.0 to 10.1 can manipulate a Siri bug to unlock an iPhone passcode.
Here are steps that you can use to unlock your phone using Siri:
- To activate Siri, press and hold the Home button or use the keyword, “Hey Siri!”
- This step is followed by an important trick. You can ask Siri random questions like what time it is or what the world time is. Siri will then engage the search bar functionality and display the clock feature on your screen.
- Tap on the world clock icon and add another clock feature. You should also tap on the plus sign for Siri to add it on display.
- When the new clock has been selected, tap on the ‘Share’ button to share the new clock feature.
- Click on the Message option among the Share option list. You don’t have to write anything in the new message, instead, type something from the virtual keyboard on the ‘To’ field.
- Prompt Siri to create a new contact by tapping the plus icon. Siri will open up an ‘Add Contact’ interface that enables you to fill in the name and phone number of the new contact.
- From here, we are no longer interested in writing a new message but to add an image from the photo library.
- Tap on the ‘Add Photo’ icon where you will be guided to the photo library to select a photo. This is where you unlock your iPhone.
- When you are in the photo library, press the Home button to access your unlocked home screen and that is how you reset your iPhone using Siri.
You can then go to Settings and reset your passcode to one that you can remember.
Have you managed to unlock your iPhone
If you have forgotten your passcode and you can’t access your phone, the Apple website advises you to use a computer to reset your passcode. However, this becomes a challenge if you don’t have access to a computer.
Worry not since you can unlock an iPhone passcode without a computer or iTunes. Just make use of any of the methods we have explained above. Remember that you need to restore your backup data when you reset your passcode because it clears all the data in your phone.
Melvin is a senior writer at iMentality. A DIYer at heart, Melvin loves to craft things in the tech space. He has amassed over a decade of experience in tech writing with special focus on apps and tech guides.