When the YouTube subscriptions list view is not working, or you can’t see the subscriptions at all, there are a couple of ways to fix it. But first, you must understand the cause of the problem to choose the right solution from our list.
Our research found that the most common cause is the YouTube server. Other causes include a poor internet connection and an outdated YouTube app.
So, what should you do to fix this issue? We’ve explained what to do when YouTube isn’t showing subscriptions in a list view format.
Solutions when subscriptions are not appearing
It is frustrating when you cannot view your subscribed channels on your YouTube account. Follow these methods to fix the issue:
1. Check the YouTube server
The first thing that you need to check is whether the YouTube server is down. There are instances where the YouTube servers are experiencing downtime and cause your subscription list not to work.
If this is the case, you have no choice but to wait until the servers are back up. Then, you can access the platform and check whether the subscriptions load successfully in list view.
You can view the server status through sites like downdetector.com.
2. Check the Internet connection
Another reason why the list view is not working on YouTube subscriptions is because of poor internet connection. First, ensure that your personal computer or smartphone is connected to a stable internet connection. If your WIFI is weak or unstable, you can switch to the cellular network and vice versa.
You can also disable airplane mode to refresh the cellular internet network. Alternatively, you can reset your modem or router to refresh the Wi-Fi network.
Read Also: Why picture-in-picture is not working on YouTube for iPhone
3. Update the YouTube app
Your YouTube app may be outdated and incompatible with the latest version of your operating system. If this is the case, you can update the app on Apple Store on iOS devices or Google Play Store for Android devices. Below are steps on how to update a YouTube app:
- Open the Apple Store on iOS devices or the Google Play store on Android devices.
- Tap on the YouTube app.
- Select the Update button to download and install the latest YouTube version.
- Wait until it fully downloads and installs on your device.
You can then open the newly updated YouTube app and check whether you can access the subscription list without the loading issue.
4. Sign out and back into your YouTube account
If the problem continues, you can also try to sign out and back into your YouTube account. You can do it using the following solution:
- Open your YouTube app.
- Tap on your account thumbnail at the upper right corner of the home screen.
- Tap on your account name.
- Tap on Manage accounts and then the account that you want to remove.
- Next, tap on Remove accounts.
Once you log back in, enter your email address and password to access your account. Once you have logged in to your account, you can check whether the subscription list error is cleared.
Read Also: 7 best YouTube to iTunes converters
5. Update your device’s operating system
Sometimes your YouTube app may not configure with the outdated version of your device’s operating system. You should update the OS to the latest version using the following steps for an iOS device:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General and then the Software Update option.
- If there is an update, tap on the Download and Install option and wait until it is fully installed on your device.
If you are using an Android device, below are steps on how to update the operating system:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Software Updates and check whether there is a software update.
- If there is one, tap on the Download and Install button to install it.
6. Clear cache data
If the YouTube subscription list does not load properly, it may be because of the accumulated cache data on your device or computer. To solve this, you can clear the cache history and data using the methods listed below.
Below is a guide on how to clear cache data on your iOS or Android phone:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on Apps and the All Apps.
- Scroll through the app list and select YouTube.
- Tap on the Storage option on the App info menu.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
If you are accessing YouTube on your computer, below are steps on how to clear your cache data:
- First, click on the Google Chrome icon to open it.
- Then, in the upper right corner, click on the three-dotted icon.
- Click on the More tools option and then select Clear browsing data.
- A clear browsing data window will appear. At the top of the option, choose a time range. If you want to delete everything, select All time.
- Check all the boxes next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click on Clear data.
Read Also: How to put YouTube videos on iMovie for iPhone
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex