Have you ever tried driving somewhere new without good directions? Not only will you be wasting your time, but also gas. At the end of it, you will end up being more frustrated than happy. For a long time, CarPlay users have relied on Google Maps to figure out new places while driving. The only problem with Google is that you have to constantly check your location on the map. This is why the Addition of Waze to CarPlay has come with more excitement than ever.
CarPlay by itself is already an ultimate copilot that allows you to make calls, get directions, listen to your playlist, receive and send text messages all while your attention is focused on the road.
Waze, on the other hand, is a GPS navigation software that records the number of times a user travels and route details this information to better your driving experience.
If you are looking for a voice assistant to navigate new areas or places with high traffic, Waze is ideal software. But, how do you install Waze to CarPlay?
Step by step guide for adding Waze to CarPlay
To add Waze to CarPlay:
- Ensure your iPhone is running on iOS 12 and you have the latest version of Waze
- Open Settings on your iPhone then tap General
- Select CarPlay
- Select your car
- Swipe left to view more apps
- Tap and hold CarPlay, then drag it to your left to move it to the home screen
You should now be able to use Waze on CarPlay.
Advantages of using Waze instead of Google Maps
While Apple maps is a good application, it doesn’t provide as much value as Google Maps, especially when it comes to navigation. Waze, on the other hand, has even made the process easier. Unlike Google Maps, Waze can provide real-time navigation date via voice commands.
Benefits of using Waze over Google Maps include:
- A great voice feature that helps you to navigate better
- Waze is community-based and works by learning your routes
- Users can share real-time data about speed traps, accidents, restaurants, etc
- Friends can track each other’s positions. This makes it easier to share exact locations as well as enjoy a trip together while using different cars.
- Get suggestions for shortcuts to get around traffic
- Listen to music while driving
Is Waze or Google more accurate?
Google Maps is more accurate when it comes to mapping routes and finding places on maps. Waze, on the other hand, is best for getting real-time information. If you are looking for an accurate maps app for real-time information, then Waze is the right choice. However, if you need an accurate map for general navigation that is also available offline, Google is the best option. One thing to note is that Waze is owned by Google, therefore, the technology behind these apps is pretty much the same.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to install and use Waze on CarPlay. If you are still experiencing difficulties, let me know in the comments section.