The main reason iPhone users prefer having apps on their Home Screens is to make it easier to access frequently used apps. However, you may have noticed that one or more app icons have disappeared from your iPhone’s Home Screen.
The issue is not new. Many iPhone users have complained of events where they scroll through their Home Screen and cannot see their favorite apps for a long time. To help, we have developed solutions for getting an app icon back on the iPhone’s Home Screen.
Reasons why an app disappeared from iPhone’s Home Screen
There are different reasons why apps have disappeared on your iOS device. First, your app icon may have disappeared because of software glitches, which is common in all iPhones. You may have accidentally removed the app’s icon from the Home Screen page.
In addition, your iPhone may have automatically removed unused apps on your device when the storage is full. However, these factors do not prevent you from restoring your apps to the Home Screen page.
Read: Customize your iPhone home screen using Widgetsmith
How to recover a missing app icon on iPhone’s Home Screen
You can easily recover if you mistakenly removed the app icons on your iPhone’s Home Screen. Below are solutions you can use to fix this issue:
1. Use the App Library
The App Library saves all the apps on your iPhone and may be used to get an app back on your Home Screen after removing it. Below are steps on how to find the app icons on the App Library:
- Swipe left to launch the App Library page.
- Search for the app’s name on the search box.
- Long press the app, and a small drop-down menu will appear. Tap on the Add to Home Screen option. They will then appear on the Home Screen page.
The app that had previously disappeared from iPhone Home Screen should now be restored.
Read: Change the font color on your iPhone’s home screen
2. Restart your iPhone
If your iOS is experiencing software glitches, you should restart your iPhone using the following steps:
- Long press the Power button and the Volume Up or Down button simultaneously.
- Drag the power slider and wait for 30 seconds until the screen turns off.
- Turn on your iPhone by long pressing the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Restarting your iPhone may fix problems like apps temporarily disappearing, your iPhone running slow, or an unstable internet connection.
3. Restore the app from the App Store
If the apps are not available on either the App Library or Home Screen, you can restore them from the App Store using the following steps:
- Launch the App Store.
- Type the app’s name on the search box.
- Tap on the app, then tap on the Install button to download and install it on your device. The app will automatically appear on iPhone’s Home Screen.
4. Check the device’s folders
The app that has disappeared from your iPhone may also be hidden in one of the device’s folders. You should therefore look into one of the folders to find the app. Long-press the app and drag it to the Home Screen page space for easy access.
Read: How to move and organize icons on your iPhone Home Screen
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex