Telegram groups provide users are a convenient platform to interact with a wide range of people. However, if you own or belong to any group, then you know that diversity comes with its share of annoying and somewhat uncontrollable members. People who don’t follow the group’s mode of ethics or Telegram’s user policy.
Fortunately, Telegram gives the owners the power to add and remove members as they please. So, instead of sending countless warnings to the stubborn members, simply ban them from the group.
How to ban someone from a Telegram group for iPhone or iPad
- Open the Telegram App on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Chats” tab. It resembles a speech bubble icon.
- Tap on the targeted group from the list. This opens the group’s conversation screen.
- Tap on the group’s profile photo. It’s in the upper-right corner. This will open the group’s information page.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Blacklist”. This opens the list of members that are banned in that group.
- Tap on “Add Member”. This will open a list of all the members in the channel.
- Find the person you want to ban and select their contact.
- They’ll be added to the blacklist immediately.
The banned member(s) can’t participate in the group’s conversations. They can’t read or send new messages. As a result, you save yourself and the other members from repetitive misconduct.
How to remove a member from a Telegram group on iPhone or iPad
If you wish to delete the member from the group, follow the guide below:
- Launch the Telegram application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap on the “Chats” tab.
- Select the Group that you want to remove a member from.
- Tap the group’s profile at the top of the screen. This will open a new window with a list of all the members in the group.
- Scroll down the list until you spot the member you intend to remove.
- Press and hold the user’s name until you see a pop-up window with three options: “Promote”, “Restrict”, and “Delete”.
- Select “Delete”.
- This will remove the member from the group.
What happens after you remove a member from the Telegram group?
Immediately the member is removed, they stop receiving content and chats from the group. Even though they can see the conversations and content shared before their removal, they won’t view subsequent chats.
If you’re using a Mac, here is what you should do:
- Launch the Telegram App.
- Click on the group’s name.
- Go to the top and click on “Edit”.
- Scroll through the list of members for the member you want to remove.
- Click the minus sign that is beside the member’s name.
- The member will be removed from the group immediately.
Read Also: How to unban your Telegram username?
How to remove all members from a Telegram group on iOS
If you want to get rid of all the group members, you can follow the guide above to remove them one by one or use the one below to delete the group and eliminate everybody simultaneously.
- Open your Telegram App.
- Tap on “Chats” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the group you want to delete.
- Tap on the group name at the top.
- Select “Edit” in the top right corner.
- A number of options will appear on the screen.
- Tap on “Delete Group”.
- Confirm that you want to “Delete group”.
- The Group will be deleted permanently together with the members and messages.
NOTE: Only the group owner and Administrators can remove or ban someone from a Telegram group. Still, the Administrators get the authority from the owner.
To make your work easier, you can set up bots to automate different actions. These are simply third-party apps running inside telegram. Some of the best ones in this situation are a ban bot that bans stubborn members and a moderation bot for controlling spam, logging, and welcoming newcomers.
Other useful bots include:
- OpenMember Bot: Makes it possible and easy to accept your group’s membership payments.
- GameBot: Allows you to play chat games with friends.
- InviteMember Bot: This bot sends invite links and accepts payments from your group members.
- Skeddy Bot: This bot will remind you of things in case you forget.
- File to Bot: Enables users to save files on the cloud without worrying about storage.
- Babelgram Bot: Helps you translate messages to another language while typing. It’s important when you’re chatting with a person who speaks a different language.
With that, you can go ahead and ban someone that’s causing problems in a Telegram group. It only takes you a few taps and clicks to restore order to your group. If you have any related questions let us know in the comment section. We will be more than happy to help.