Carbridge is a jailbreak tweak that allows additional features on Apple CarPlay including the ability to port apps from your iPhone to CarPlay. While CarPlay provides a safe and smart way to use your iPhone when you are driving, there a couple of things that it doesn’t offer. And CarBridge bridges this gap.
Carbridge iOS tweak Features
- Load any app from your iPhone to CarPlay’s touch screen head-unit
- Load CarPlay-compatible in full screen mode
- Open 2 apps at the same time on your iPhone and on CarPlay
- Swap apps between your iPhone and CarPlay
- Bridges iPhone apps with CarPlay apps to give the full power of the app
When you install CarBridge iOS 11 on your phone, you can load important apps such as Maps while driving. It is, however, advisable to stay away from CarPlay apps that are likely to distract you when you are driving such as YouTube and Netflix.
This iOS tweak mirrors your phone’s display and allows you to control it from the car’s touchscreen unit. Impressive isn’t it? Well, if that’s not enough, you can still customize the way your dashboard looks and feels. Below is a procedure for downloading CarBridge tweak.
How to download CarBridge
You will not be able to install CarBridge iOS 11 without jailbreak. So, the first thing that you must do is to make sure that your iPhone has been jailbroken. Check out this Jailbreak tutorial. You should also beware of the pros and cons of jailbreaking. Afterwards, follow this procedure:
- Go here, pay for the app and download to your PC or Mac
- Connect your iPhone to a PC or Mac and back up using iTunes
- Install and load Cydia impactor on your PC or Mac
- Follow this sideloading tutorial to sideload the app using Cydia Impactor
Once installed, there are additional apps that are required for Carbridge to work. Open Cydia on your iPhone and install the following apps:
Here’s a video tutorial for the same:
CarBridge is now ready to use and you can “bridge” your CarPlay to your iPhone as you drive.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex