CleanMyMac 3 is a MacPaw’s catch-all utility. It scans your Mac and gets rid of gigabytes of varied software. Also, it removes all unwanted stuff that accumulates over time. This application has evolved with extra tools such as file shredder, an uninstaller, online privacy function, and general maintenance.
These are in addition to the System Junk, iPhoto Junk, Smart Cleanup, Trash bins and more. These apps make CleanMyMac 3 a perfect utility app. However, just like every cleaning app for the iOS or Mac, questions have been raised as to whether CleanMyMac 3 is safe to use.
Read Also: Best app uninstallers for Mac
That said, the application is, no doubt, one of the best Mac Cleaning utilities on the market. It is easy to configure and deletes trash it finds and backs up everything up before it registers any action.
Besides, you can purchase a single license or bulk depending on the usage. A single permit is for one computer, but if you want to utilize the app on several devices, choose from the several available packs. Pack licenses are available from two to five Macs.
CleanMyMac 3: Best features
If you are to spend your money on this software, you will enjoy these features and functions:
- Deletes out system junk
- Clean up log files
- Empty trash and get rid of leftovers
- Clean services files from your removable devices
- Get rid of unnecessary universal binaries for your Mac
- Deletes all caches brought up by your system and application
- Deletes unnecessary language files from your Mac system and apps
- Uninstall Mac software completely
- Monitor and manage trash status
- Manage built-in plug-ins, widgets, and preferences.
- The dashboard provides all information in one place
- It has a built-in apps uninstallation module
- The smart cleanup feature can be started and executed with one click.
- A neat and intuitive user interface
- It’s relatively expensive
- The application has many endless notifications
- It may slow down the system performance while scanning
- Aggressive limited demo version’s functionality
Is CleanMyMac safe?
This is perhaps the critical question every Mac user needs to know. Keeping your Mac safe will boost its functionality. Rumors have spread about CleanMyMac 3 being some sort of malware. To answer this question, we will look at some facts. They will distinguish whether the application is legit or not.
To start with, it is a maintenance application and also uninstalls apps completely. CMM helps to delete many apps that have secret update helper programs that run at launch. It is a quality app irrespective of it being pricey.
Read Also: How to defragment a Mac
Is CleanMyMac 3 safe? In the duration that the app has been in use, there have been no major security concerns or issues that have been reported by its users. This means that this application is safe to use.
In summary, CleanMyMac 3 version uses the latest Safety Database which has a considerable list of rules. These rules regulate which items can be deleted safely. In other words, unnecessary files are deleted. Still, you can decide to back up all the files. Besides, system files and those related to the stability of Mac aren’t untouched.
To answer the question about safety, this app is legit, safe and does not contain virus and Trojan.
CleanMyMac 3 is one of the best Mac cleaning applications available on the market. It’s easy to configure and can be used by anyone. It is definitely worth a try if you don’t mind spending on the premium version.
Read Also: How to free up space on your iPhone
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex