Creating blogs or reading content on Tumblr can be a fun experience. However, the app stores data about all the pages you have visited.
You may start to get recommendations or notifications about items you’ve viewed, which can be annoying. To avoid it, you need to delete your previous visits. In this article guide, we’ll explain how to clear your search history on Tumblr.
How to view history on Tumblr
Tumblr maintains your search history on its website. Therefore, viewing and deleting your search history is an easy process. Below is a procedure on how to find your search history on Tumblr:
- Launch the Tumblr app on your iOS or Android device. The Tumblr dashboard will display on the screen.
- Tap on the Settings option on the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the drop-down menu to Active Sessions.
- You will find a list of browsers and sites you have visited over the past 30 days through your account.
How to delete history on Tumblr
Your search history includes all the activities, sites, and posts you visit or open on the Tumblr platform. You can clear your Tumblr search history and remove anything you posted or liked on the app.
Below are steps to wiping your Tumblr app on Android or iOS.
- Launch the Tumblr app on your device.
- Sign in to your Tumblr account. You will be automatically directed to the app’s dashboard when you sign in.
- Tap on the Settings option and then the menu icon. It is located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and then tap on Clear Search History.
- Select the sites or activities you want to delete from your search history. Once you’ve selected them, tap on Delete. Then, confirm the delete process by tapping on the Delete button.
Alternatively, you can delete Tumblr search history on Android and iOS by deleting popular tags on Tumblr. Tags are popular search track buttons that appear inside a search engine when the results are displayed. You can edit, delete, add or save these search tags for future reference.
The Edit Tag option changes the tags from posts, while the Remove Tags option allows you to delete tags. Here is how you can remove tags on a Tumblr post:
- Tap on the Tumblr app.
- Tap on Posts on the right corner of the screen. A list of posts will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the Edit icon, represented by a piece of paper and a pen.
- Tap on the tags you want to remove and then tap on Remove Tags.
- Tap on Save Post to save the changes.
Can anyone see your Tumblr search history?
No, they cannot. Tumblr is designed so that you and other users cannot view each other’s search history.
You can, however, view the archive view by typing a single word on the Tumblr app’s search engine.
However, receiving numerous notifications about blog posts may be annoying because of your search history.
This can be avoided by clearing your search history through the Settings menu or editing and removing your track tags. You also don’t need to worry because other users cannot see your search history, as you also can’t see theirs.