When submitting your impressive resume for a job application, it is best to send one in PDF format. It looks like a more complicated procedure than it is if you have the resume typed in your iPhone.
While there are many PDF converter apps and online sites, you can create a PDF file on your iPhone if it is of iOS version 10. This is because they have inbuilt software that creates PDF files in seconds.
Read more of this article and learn how to make a PDF resume on your iPhone.
How to create a resume in PDF form on iPhone
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a great and recommended format for shared documents, forms, or web pages because other users cannot alter them. It can also be easily shared, printed, and has a small memory size.
There are situations when you want to create a PDF file without computer access. You only have an iPhone and an internet connection, so what do you do?
Don’t worry; you can still create a PDF file using an iPhone or even an iPad. Apple has developed a special feature for users to create PDF files on their devices. This way, they don’t need to download PDF converter apps or online PDF converters.
Creating PDF files on an iPhone or iPad is a simple and easy process that takes no less than three minutes. Below are steps on how to make PDF on an iPhone for free:
- Open the web page, document, or photo you want to convert to PDF on your iPhone.
- Select the Share icon at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Print.
- From here, you can pinch or zoom the preview of the document. You can also edit the document from here.
- Tap on the Share button again.
The preview image is the PDF version of the document, web page, or photo; from there, you can choose what to do. If you want to save a file as a PDF on your iPhone, select Save to Files.
Alternatively, share it directly with the app or person you want to send the PDF to. Remember that the above technique only applies to iOS versions ten and above iPhones.
Another way of creating a resume in a PDF file is by first creating it in Word or Pages. For example, free download the Word app on App Store. Then, when you have completed typing and editing your Word document, you can save it as PDF or export it as a PDF document.
For the Word app:
- Tap on Files on the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, on the displayed menu, tap on Save As.
- Tap on Format.
- A drop-down menu will appear on the screen. Tap on PDF. The document will automatically be converted to a PDF file that can be easily sent through any app.
For the Pages app:
- Tap on File.
- Tap on Export To.
- Tap on PDF. The document will be in PDF format when successfully converted.
How to save an email PDF on iPhone
You may have received an email on your email app and want to save it as a PDF file for future reference. Here are the steps on how to an email as a PDF on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the email app on your device.
- Tap on the email that you want to convert to PDF.
- You can pinch or zoom the image, and a large preview will appear. Furthermore, you can check and make changes to the document.
- Tap the share button again on the top right corner of the screen.
- On the drop-down menu, tap on the Copy to Books option.
How to delete a PDF file on iPhone
Once you have shared the PDF document, you may want to delete it from your device or iCloud Drive. Below is a descriptive technique on how to delete a PDF file on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch the Books app on your device and tap on Library.
- Select the PDF file you want to delete and tap on More Options located at the bottom of the file.
- Tap on Remove.
- Next, tap on Delete Everywhere to delete the PDF from the iCloud Drive on all Apple Devices.
- You can also tap on Remove Download to delete it from your device.
How to create a PDF file on an iPad
You should download and install the PDF Expert app to create a PDF file on an iPad. Many users consider it the best PDF Editor and free resume builder for iOS. Not only does it create new PDF files, but it also converts other document formats to PDF.
Below are the steps to create a new PDF file on your iPad:
- First, download and install the PDF Expert 7. Tap on the blue addition sign on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on Create PDF. You will have to select the desired paper type and color of the new PDF document on your iPad.
- Once you’ve done this, a blank PDF page will appear on the screen. From here, you can type or add anything you want, like drawings, charts, and pictures, to the new PDF file.
When sending a resume via the mail app, it is recommended that you send it in PDF format. Unfortunately, you may be away from your computer where you can easily do that. However, as long as you have an iPhone or iPad, you can make a resume in PDF format that is easy, simple, and convenient.
You, therefore, do not need to install any additional apps or visit online PDF converters. However, the inbuilt PDF conversion feature is only available on iPhones with iOS versions ten and above. If your iPhone is iOS 9 and below, you can create a PDF file using Word or Pages.