Errors are quite the nuisance. They can make your device unusable, stall a crucial project for hours, or erase a significant amount of progress thus forcing you to start over. It could even get worse if you don’t know how to handle or fix the error.
Unfortunately, errors are part of the tech world. They are bound to appear at one point or the other (usually the most inconvenient time). Therefore, knowing some of these errors and how to solve them can save you a great deal of time, money, and unnecessary stress.
If you are using Cydia Impactor, then you’ve probably realized that it normally pops up errors from time to time. However, most of these errors are easy to fix.
That being said, we have compiled a list of Cydia Impactor errors you must know about if you use the software on your iOS device.
1. Cydia Impactor run time error
A run time error is basically the software requesting to be terminated unconventionally.
To solve it, you must install the latest version of Visual C++ redistribution software.
2. cpp: 173 error
This is the Cydia Impactor password error. It usually asks you to, “Please sign in with an app-specific password”.
- The first solution involves entering an app-specific password as instructed, while sideloading your IPA files. To generate the app-specific password, go to appleid.apple.com and log in with your apple ID details.
- You also have the option of creating a new Apple ID and using it.
- Lastly, try disabling the two-factor authentication.
- Cydia Impactor error 173 should be gone once you’re done
3. cpp: 42 error
Cydia Impactor error 42 is an installation error that means you’ve maximized the application limit that’s been permitted. In other words, the system version is lower than the specified iOS version, therefore, the two do not match.
- Try and get the IPA zip file from the desktop then dragging it to the software.
- Confirm the date and time are correct or use VPN and change the region before trying the procedure again.
- You could use another tool for signing IPA file and sideload the file using Cydia Impactor.
- On your safari browser, head to jailbreaks.fun
- Fill the inactive beta in the search bar (type unc0ver – new beta)
- Once a match is found, tap “get” and let it install
- Press to re-enter key and run the reactivation
- Make sure Reload System Daemons is disabled
- You may have to repeat this process multiple times if it doesn’t work the first time
This error occurs a lot after updating your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch to iOS 11. It means that Cydia Impactor hasn’t matched well with the iOS software.
- The simplest solution is to update your Cydia Impactor or downgrade iOS version.
- The other option will require you to disconnect the iOS device from the computer, open “settings” on the device, followed by “General”, then “Reset”, and lastly “Reset Location and Privacy”. Connect the device back to the computer and open iTunes. You will see a “Trust” pop up on the screen. Click on it and you will be able to use impactor.
5. cpp: 51 error
Error 51 means the IPA does not support your current iOS version. This mostly happens if you are running a very old version of iOS.
Upgrade your iOS version to the latest available and you’re good to go
6. cpp: 68 error
This is normally an error that occurs due to permissions on Cydia Impactor. However, you shouldn’t sweat since its solution is simple.
- The solution to this error is as simple as visiting the developer section on Apple and agreeing to the terms.
- If the error doesn’t disappear, consider upgrading Cydia Impactor to the latest version.
Read Also: Step-by-step guide for using Cydia Impactor to sideload apps on Windows
7. cpp: 62 error
To solve Cydia Impactor error 62 you need to repeat installation of IPA till it works. The other solution involves entering your Apple ID and password continuously until the error disappers.
Disabling “search for iPhone” could also help.
8. cpp: 80 error
This error occurs when you already have an iOS development certificate, or a pending one.
Go to Xcode and revoke the certificates. You’ll have to enter your Apple ID and password.
9. cpp: 81 error
Error 81 let’s you know that the “network extensions” feature can only be accessed by users who are enrolled in Apple developer program.
- Use the revoke certificate solution for Cydia Impactor error 80
- Create another Apple ID and use it when requested by Cydia Impactor
10. http-win, cpp; line 182
The http-win, cpp; line 182 error indicates that there is a problem with your SSL CA certificate
- Open the menu, select impactor, and click insecure SSL (this should fix your insecure ssl setting, hence solving the error)
- You should also check for availability of more than one certificate. Turn it off and that could solve your error 182.
11. cpp: 311 error
A corrupted IPA file is the cause for this error.
To solve it, simply get rid of the corrupted IPA file(s) and download another one from a trusted provider.
12. cpp: 637 error
This error indicates that you have not installed iTunes or your current version doesn’t work. Install iTunes in case you forgot.
Alternatively, you should update your iTunes or uninstall then reinstall it.
13. cpp: 698 error
You will see this error when Cydia Impactor does not detect the iOS device properly.
Remove the USB cable and reboot your iPhone. You can also reinstall iTunes before repeating the procedure.
What causes Cydia Impactor errors?
All the reasons behind your Cydia Impactor not working can be grouped into;
- Compatibility: The software can have issues with the Windows 10 OS. Fortunately, there is compatibility support for older versions of the app. Make good use of them whenever to prevent situations where you’re told “Cydia Impactor failed to verify code signature”.
- Administrative privileges: The software may require certain administrative privileges to perform some functions. Failure to grant these privileges means certain procedures will stall.
- Microsoft account: In case you are signed into your computer with a Microsoft account, using Cydia Impactor may be a problem since the computer will detect the use of impactor as a security breach.
- Outdated software: Just like most third-party applications, the use of Cydia Impactor is abhorred by iOS and android developers. As such, new security updates on devices usually come with barriers that prevent usage of Cydia Impactor – until an updated version is available (which never takes long).
Hopefully, you have managed to solve the error you were facing on Cydia Impactor.
If you are facing any Cydia Impactor errors that are different from the ones above, make sure to leave a comment and we’ll try our best to find and give a solution.