Video is one of the most consumed content on the internet and Instagram is one of the platforms where millions of hours of video is consumed daily. Instagram is the preferred platform due to a wide range of videos as well as ability to share videos with your friends.
However, you can’t download Instagram videos on iPhone. The platform has posed a restriction. If you are wondering if there is a way to around this, then you’re in luck since there are a number of workarounds to save Instagram videos to iPhone.
If you wish to download videos on Instagram on your iPhone and share with your friends, this guide will take you through. Once you understand the trick, you will save private Instagram videos without issues.
Read Also: How to create a custom location on Instagram
How can you download Instagram videos?
The following third-party apps have features that allow iOS users to download videos from Instagram.
Follow these steps to use AnyTrans to download videos from Instagram:
- Download and install AnyTrans to your PC
- Launch the app and follow the installation wizard
- Once done, connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable
- Click on the download icon that appears
- Select your iPhone as the destination.
- Paste the URL of the Instagram video and tap the download button.
Once you click the download button, AnyTrans will start the download process. Click on the icon at the top right-hand corner to see the download progress. Once the download is complete, you will see the video on your iPhone –in the video app. If the download is unsuccessful, repeat the process.
Read Also: How to fix Instagram location error
Follow these steps to use Regrammer to save Instagram videos on your iPhone:
- Download Regrammer
- Launch Instagram app and locate the video you want to save
- Click ‘…’ that’s located just above the photo
- Tap ‘copy link’
- Launch the Regrammer app and paste the link you copied in the box
- Click ‘Preview’
- Click on the Repost tap
- Tap on the Repost on Instagram
- It will open the Instagram share sheet. Still, it will automatically save the Instagram message video to your camera roll.
- Now, close the share sheet
Using Repost Quick for Instagram
This application is available for free but requires iOS 7 or more.
- Download Reposit Quick for Instagram on your iOS.
- Launch it and log in your Instagram account
- Consent to the terms and conditions and allow access to your photo library
- Click on the menu button at the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the Search option
- Enter the name of the user whose videos you wish to download in the search bar.
- Click on the name from the given suggestions
- If your account is private, you won’t be able to download Instagram videos on iPhone.
- Browse through the videos and click on the one you want
- Now click on the download button
- Wait for some time and the video will download
Download: Repost Quick
While these apps can allow you to download Instagram videos, make sure to check the fine print on Instagram to find out their policy about downloading and reusing videos from their app.
Read Also: How to dm people on Instagram on a computer
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex