If you want to play GameBoy Advance games on your iPhone or your Mac or Windows PC, you need to have the right emulator installed first. For GameBoy Advance, the best one would be GBA4iOS, which we have reviewed on this blog. If you are using a Windows PC, the best emulator would be VisualBoy Advance. This is because it has a large range of features and is compatible with many ROMS. Some of the most common supported ROMs would be the GameBoy Advance games (GBA Roms), GameBoy (GB ROMs), Super Nintendo ROMs, and the GameBoy (GBC ROMs).
How to install GBA ROMs on A PC
In this tutorial, you will learn how to download and install different kinds of ROMs on your PC.
- Download an emulator of your choice. In this case, you can go for VisualBoy Advance, also known as VBA on this link https://sourceforge.net/projects/vba/
- Unzip the emulator and find the .exe file on your Windows PC
- Now you need to get some games. Here, you can go to http://www.completeroms.com/roms/gameboy-advance to get a game of choice
- Unzip the game and place it where you can easily access it
- Find the Emulator (VBA) and click on the .exe to run it
- Go to the file menu select open a GBA game
- Navigate to the folder of the game you had downloaded (It should have a .BIN or .GBA extension)
- Wait for it to open and proceed to play!
You have just managed to get GBA ROMS for your Windows PC. The procedure is pretty much the same if you have a MAC, however, the installation methods might differ slightly. If you need to download GameBoy Advance ROMS for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, we shall be creating a tutorial to show you how to do it exactly.
GBA ROMS are some of the best you can get. As long as you’ve got a good emulator, you can download, install, and play any number of games that you need. There are many ROMs out there and since you know how to install them, you can now easily play your favorite games without any problems.