FIFA 23 displays the “application encountered an unrecoverable” error if an issue exists with its files on Windows PC. So, what exactly causes the error, and how do you fix it?
From our research, we’ve found that the error stems mostly from the EA Anti-Cheat service files. The game should work once you update or re-install the files. But if it doesn’t, there are other ways you can fix it. Let’s cover these methods in detail.
1. Install and then uninstall the EA Anti-Cheat service
Uninstalling and reinstalling the EA-anti-cheat service will fix the “application encountered an unrecoverable” error. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on your PC’s FIFA 23 application icon, then select Open File Location.
- Open the _installer folder.
- Open the EAAntiCheat folder.
- Double-click on the EAAntiCheat_Installer.
- Click the dropdown menu in the pop-up window that shows up.
- Select FIFA 23.
- Click on Uninstall. Wait for the process to complete.
- Click on Install again.
Wait for the installation to complete, close the pop-up window, and start FIFA 23. You may have to right-click on the FIFA 23 icon and start it as an administrator if it doesn’t work.
Related: Installing NewGamepad for iOS 12
If you are using Steam, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Steam and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the pop-up that appears.
- Launch FIFA 23.
- Search for the EA Anti-Cheat folder.
- Launch EAAntiCheat.installer.exe for a few seconds before closing it.
- Right-click EAAntiCheat.installer.exe, then launch FIFA 23 as you would normally.
At this point, FIFA 23 will reinstall AntiCheat and eliminate all errors that may prevent the app from working.
2. Run FIFA as an administrator
Another solution many users have found to work is running FIFA 23 as an administrator. Remember to run the specific launcher you are using, for example, Origin or Steam, as an administrator.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on your specific launcher and select run as administrator
- Go to the FIFA 23 icon, right-click on it, and select run as administrator
- Wait for the game to launch
3. Fix corrupted FIFA 23 files
You can fix corrupted FIFA 23 apps from the Origin app in just a few simple steps.
- Launch Origin
- Find and click on FIFA 23
- Click on the 3 dots near the Play button
- Click Repair
Wait for the process to complete, and then launch the game.
Did these troubleshooting tips help you to fix the “application encountered an unrecoverable” error on FIFA 23? Let us know in the comments below.
Related: How to play Battleship on iPhone
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex