If a message that says “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” shows on your screen, your account has been dormant for a long time or you have disputes with your payment method.
When this error occurs, you will neither be able to download or update apps. Other services that rely on your Apple ID might also be affected. This includes Apple Music, FaceTime, and iCloud among others.
Reasons why your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes
- You haven’t used your Apple ID for quite sometime
- You haven’t paid for some iTunes or Apple Store orders
- You’ve entered the wrong Apple ID or password repeatedly
- Your account is under suspension due to security reasons
Fixing a disabled account on your iPhone
To fix “Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” error, try out the following steps:
1. Re-enter your login details after 24 hours
If this error occurred after you had entered your login details a couple of times, then give it 24 hours before you can try logging in again.
This is due to a security feature by Apple that disables any further attempts to login for up to 24 hours after you have failed to unlock your account after several attempts.
2. Check for any restrictions
Find out if there are any restrictions that may be causing the problem. Check whether you have disabled in-app purchases or anything else. To do this, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and then enter your passcode.
3. Verify your Apple ID
To unlock your Apple ID and keep using your account, try out these steps:
- Launch your browser and open https://iforgot.apple.com/
- Type into your Apple ID and click Continue
- Answer the questions that appear and follow the wizard to the end.
You should now be able to use your Apple ID. If this process didn’t work for you, proceed to the following step.
4. Reset your Apple ID password
Resetting your password is another way to gain access to your account when it shows your account is disabled in iTunes and App Store. To reset the account on your iOS device:
- Launch Settings
- Tap [your name]
- Open Password & Security > Change Password
- Follow the onscreen steps to update your password
You can get more information about resetting including how to reset the password if you have two-factor authentication or security questions enabled from Apple Support.
Once you have reset your password, sign in with your new details. To do this, just visit Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store then sign out.
Contact Apple Support
If all other steps have failed, the remaining solution is to contact Apple Support. In fact, Apple has been aware of this problem and recommend contacting them to fix the issue.
I hope that you have benefitted from the steps provided above. Comment below to let us know which step worked out for you. If you have resort to contacting Apple Support, let us know if they are of any help.