Every iOS user needs an Apple ID. This ID is an account you create on the Apple’s servers to gain access to Apple services such as Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, App Store, Face Time etc.
In trying to access App Store services, you may encounter an error message reading, ” This Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store. Please review your account information.” Luckily, this article will show you how to fix this error.
Why does the error occur in the first place?
To begin with, this error usually occurs when you are trying to access App Store services for the first time. Basically, it is not an error. It occurs because Apple wants to verify your payment method and billing address.
However, when you tap on Review, you may get a blank page. This is usually a problem on the server side can also lead to the error. If your internet connection is unstable, you are also likely to encounter the error.
How to fix the “Apple ID has not yet been used with the App Store” error
As mentioned above, the pop up message requires you to update your payment method and billing address. You can try the following fixes.
1. Use the Review option
This option is provided in the pop up message. So you can update your payment and billing information by clicking on Review and following the prompts. If you get a blank page you have to wait or try switching to a stable network.
2. Update via settings
- To update your information via setting;
- Go to your Settings app
- Tap on your profile picture
- Tap on Payment & shipping
- Update your billing address and payment method
- Add a debt/credit card
3. Log in to iTunes first
If the above doesn’t work, try logging into iTunes with the same account first. You may then exit iTunes and log into App Store successfully. To do s
- Launch iTunes
- Sign in from the account menu
- A pop up message, “This Apple ID has not yet been used with iTunes. Please review your account information” will appear. Tap on Review. Be patient and keep trying until it works.
- Accept the terms of service
- Enter your payment details again even if you had done it when signing in to AppleID website.
- You may receive an error message but you will have logged into iTunes already.
- Exit iTunes
- Launch the App Store and try logging in. You may make some attempts here before you login successfully. You won’t receive the pop up message.
Read Also: Error connecting to the Apple ID server
4. Review your information via website
You can also review your payment and billing information via the website. To do so:
- Go to your browser
- Type apple.com in the search box.
- Tap on Go to load the webpage
- Enter your payment method and billing address
- Add a card
5. Log into App Store before trying to get the app you want.
Trying to download an app from Apple Store without logging in first can lead to the error. To avoid that, log in to App Store first.
Note: The card you add will not be charged unless you actively purchase something. You can remove the card from the Apple account settings later.
That is all about fixing the error. Use one of the above methods to fix it. If you still encounter issues about the same, please let us know.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex