It is easy to lose your best Instagram photos through negligence. Mostly the photos will disappear when you disable or delete your Instagram profile. There is nothing worse than losing your precious memories.
If you are reading this, it means you want to learn how to recover deleted Instagram photos on the iPhone. There are five great options you can use.
To restore deleted Instagram photos, the first option you should consider is using the Tenorshare UltData.
This is the best option for recovering permanently deleted Instagram photos on iPhone without backup. Visit https://www.tenorshare.com and download and install the software for Windows or Mac.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cable and select ‘Recover from iOS Device.’
- You will now see a list of data types that can be recovered, click the checkbox of Photos and App Photos then click ‘Start Scan.’
- Now select the photos you want to recover and click ‘Recover.’
Tenorshare UltData can recover more than photos. You can use these steps to recover lost Instagram videos on iPhone too.
Restore from iTunes/iCloud backup
If you have iTunes or iCloud backups, you can restore from there. However, considering the traditional method of restoring data will delete everything on your iPhone, you should use UltData to restore Instagram photos selectively from iTunes or iCloud.
READ ALSO: How to enable shortcode texting on iPhone
To get back deleted Instagram photos on iPhone, start by launching the Tenorshare UltData, select ‘recover from iTunes backup file’ then select iTunes backup and click ‘Start Scan.’ When the scan is done, preview the photos and select ‘Recover’ to restore the lost Instagram photos.
To recover deleted Instagram photos on iPhone from iCloud backup, you should launch Tenorshare UltData, select ‘recover from iCloud backup file’ and then log in to your account. Select the file type you want and hit next to download lost Instagram photos. Click ‘Recover’ to get your photos.
Recover from Instagram Album on your iPhone
It is also possible to restore Instagram deleted photos from the iPhone’s photos native app.
- Launch your photos app from the home screen
- Select the Instagram album and open it.
- Locate the images you deleted accidentally and upload them back to Instagram.
View archived photos
Back in 2017, Instagram launched the ‘Archive Posts’ feature. The purpose of this feature is to help users hide stories or photos that you don’t want other people to see. The feature also helps you restore deleted photos from the archive album.
- Launch Instagram on your iPhone
- Go to your profile and select the Archive icon. It appears like an arrowed clock.
- Select photos you want to restore and then tap ‘Show on Profile.’
Restore from the recently deleted folder
Your photos app has a recently deleted folder. You can use this to restore photos or videos.
- Open the photos app
- Tap albums located on the bottom right corner of the screen
- Tap the recently deleted folder
- Select images you wish to recover and tap recover.
Although this post focuses on how to recover deleted Instagram photos on the iPhone, you can use it to record videos too. For how to undo Instagram video delete, you can use any of the options mentioned above.