In addition to taking stunning photos, the iPhone has some of the most dynamic smartphone photo editors. For instance, did you know you can invert colors on a photo on iPhone?
This article explains how you can invert the colors on the pictures in your iPhone gallery.
How to invert colors on a picture on iOS
The different ways to invert colors on a picture on iPhone include:
- Using the accessibility options
- Using third-party apps
Inverting colors using the accessibility menu
Accessibility options on iPhone help users with visual, auditory, and motor impairments. We’ll look at “inverted colors” that are specific for users with visual impairment. The feature switches every color on your device to its exact opposite.
For instance, everything that’s white turns black, blue turns orange, and vice versa.
Here is how to activate it:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
- If you have an old iPhone model, go to General > Accessibility.
- Tap on Display & Text Size.
- For the older models, tap on Display Accommodations > Invert Colors. You’ll find two options: Smart Invert and Classic Invert.
- Select Smart Invert to reverse the display’s colors, but not photos, videos, and apps with dark themes.
- Choose Classic Invert to reverse the colors of everything on display. Including photos, videos, and a camera.
Toggle them on and see the instant effect they’ll have on your iPhone’s display. However, to specifically invert colors on a picture(s), enable the Classic Invert.
How to set up inverted colors shortcut
If you only need inverted colors for short periods, you can set up a shortcut whereby you can turn it On and Off by triple-clicking the power button or home button (for older models).
Use the following guide:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.
- If you have an old iPhone model, you’ll have to go to General > Accessibility > scroll to the bottom and tap Accessibility Shortcut.
- Tap on Classic Invert so you can invert colors on photos using the shortcut.
- If you enable both Classic and Smart Invert colors and triple-click your home or power button, you’ll get a menu prompt asking you to pick the one you want to use.
How to use an app to invert colors on pictures on iPhone
Now, let’s look at some of the best photo editing apps on iOS that you can use to invert colors on a photo.
Use Photoshop Express
- First, if you don’t have the app already, go to the App Store and download it.
- Just search for Photoshop Express.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Select Edit and choose the photo you wish to invert.
- Select Basic under the Looks tab.
- Scroll to the right and tap on Invert.
- Your photo will be inverted immediately.
- To save the picture, tap on Share in the top-right corner.
- Finally, tap on Save.
The inverted version of the photo will be saved in your photo app library.
Use Lightroom to invert a photo on an iPhone app
Unlike Photoshop Express, Lightroom is a little more complex with its color photo inversion. However, this enables you to customize the color inversion to your liking.
Here is how to do it:
- Download and install Lightroom from the App Store.
- Launch Lightroom on your iPhone.
- Import the photo to invert.
- Go to Light, then Curve.
- In the tone curve, drag the bottom-left point to the top-left and the top-right to the bottom-right.
- You can move other points to adjust the contrast and exposure.
- If the new inverted photo is satisfactory, select the Share button in the upper-right corner.
- Tap on Export to Camera Roll.
Whether you want to invert colors on a picture on your iPhone for aesthetics or because of visual impairment complications, the solutions mentioned above will help you.
Try them out today, and let us know how it goes. Also, you can browse the website for more iPhone tips.