Are you in a situation where your iPhone’s alarm volume keeps going down until you can no longer hear it? Well, this has been very common nowadays.
So, why does the iPhone alarm volume keep going down?” There are several reasons why your alarm volume keeps lowering. They range from iOS glitches to system malfunctions. However, they may differ slightly in cases where the alarm is not working completely.
In this article, you will learn why your alarm keeps going down and how you can troubleshoot it.
How to fix the iPhone alarm volume
Here are 4 ways to troubleshoot your iPhone when the alarm volume keeps going down:
1. Update the iOS software
There may be a problem with the iOS system because it is outdated and experiencing bugs and glitches. It can be one of the reasons why your alarm volume has gone down.
To solve this, you can update the iOS to the latest version by doing the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Select General in the Settings options.
- Go to Software Update and check for a software update. If there is an update, download and install it.
2. Switch off the Attention Aware feature
The Attention Aware feature was added to iPhone X and later versions to automatically adjust the volume according to your facial distance from the phone. Disabling it is a step to fixing the alarm volume issue. Below are the steps to solving it:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Face ID and Passcode.
- Turn off the toggle Attention Aware and Features for Face ID.
3. Disable the alarm volume control with buttons
There is a chance that the alarm volume is controlled by the Volume Up and Down buttons. Adjusting the media volume also affects the alarm volume since they share a common volume button. You can separate the alarm volume from the physical buttons using the following steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Go to the Sounds & Haptics (or Sounds) option.
- Disable the Change with Buttons option. Ensure that the option is grayed.
Once completed, the alarm volume will not be regulated by the physical volume buttons.
4. Restart your phone
Rebooting your phone is the most basic and easiest troubleshooting technique. It mainly solves the system or the application’s glitches.
For iPhone X, 8, and later models, below are steps to restarting the device:
- Press and hold the Volume Up button, then release it.
- Press the Power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
If you were wondering why your iPhone alarm is so quiet all of sudden, it could be due to the issues mentioned above. Make sure to follow the troubleshooting guide we’ve provided to fix these problems easily.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex