iTunes is the Swiss Knife of all Apple devices. I can’t imagine using an iPhone or iPad without iTunes. You won’t be able to sync files with your Mac/PC, do backups and so much more unless you resort to third party tools. This is why the iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device error is so crippling
Why the iTunes Invalid Response?
The error occurs when the USB link between your Mac/PC and iOS device is broken during use. The three main causes to the problem are:
- An old or faulty USB cable
- A malfunction in the Mac/PC USB port you’re using
- Old software that needs an update
The fix to each iPhone invalid response will vary depending on the possible problem at hand. This troubleshooting guide will start with the easiest to identify problems and escalate to the most drastic fixes that will consume more time.
Try a Different Cable, USB Port or Device
Do a visual inspection on your USB cable. Does it have any visible damage? Is it old and in a bad condition? If yes, chances are it is the problem. You should replace it or try a different cable.
If your USB cable seems to be in a prime condition, you can try different ports on your Mac/PC or a totally different device before you go hunting for a new cable. It is commendable to get accessories specifically designed for Apple devices. If the cable still works on any other iPhone or iPad, chances are the problem is your phone.
Here are the actionable solutions you can attempt to fix the invalid response was received from the device problem.
- Plug the device into different USB ports on your computer
- See if the error still appears in a different computer or on the same computer but using a different device
- If the problem still persists on a different computer or when using a different iPhone/iPod on the same computer, consider getting a different USB cable
- Close iTunes completely and try again
- Ensure that your device is unlocked when you connect it to the computer
- Confirm that no third-party software is giving an error pop up. Disable third party security software
- Restart both devices and try again
Ensure the Time/Date settings are right
You can receive the iTunes invalid response on iPhone 7 if the iPhone and computer time/date readings are out of sync.
- Confirm that the Mac time/date settings are accurate. You can change them under System Preferences > Time & Date
- On PC, you can modify date/time settings by right-clicking the Date/Time display on the task bar
- On iPad or iPhone, go to Settings > General > Date & Time set to “Set Automatically”
Update iTunes App
An outdated version of iTunes can also cause the iTunes invalid response on iPhone 7 or any iDevice running the latest iOS version. Updating iTunes could fix this problem.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet
- Launch iTunes
- Click Help, then select “Check for Updates”
- If there is a new version, the on-screen prompts will guide you on how to update
- Try connecting your device to iTunes after the update
Update the iPhone Driver for iTunes
Your iPhone driver facilitates the connection between your iPhone or iPad and the computer. An outdated or corrupt driver could lead to the connection error. You can manually update your drivers or use a utility like Driver Easy or other drivers update utility to update your iPhone USB drivers on your PC.
Reset iPhone or iPad Network Settings
Wrong network settings could cause the iTunes invalid response. If you’ve come this far, you might as well as reset your iPhone or iPad network settings
Go to: Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings
Update your iPhone to the Latest iOS version
Updating to the latest software often solves compatibility issues that could occur when you try connecting your iPhone to a new version of iTunes.
Go to Settings> General> Software Update> Download and Install
You will have to enter your passcode on prompt and Agree to Terms and Conditions before applying the update.
If for some reason you don’t want to update to the latest iOS (maybe you want to retain your jailbreak status,) a factory reset might do the trick. Remember to use the iTunes version that previously worked on your device. Combining old iOS version with the latest version of iTunes could lead to the invalid response error.
You’ve now connected your iPhone successfully!
I hope any of these steps has worked for you. You should now be connected to your iPhone and using it successfully. Please check out our latest guide on fixing the iTunes could not open because the value is missing error.