Kik is an instant messaging app that allows you to chat with friends and family through the internet. The app has exciting features that make your chat experience more interesting. You can also send stickers, emoticons, photos, and video messages to your friends and groups.
As interesting as the app sounds, it may experience problems such as failing to send videos. There are several reasons why Kik is unable to send this video.
Reasons why Kik cannot send your video
Since Kik was updated, there have been complaints from its users regarding technical issues. The most common is Kik failing to send videos because the app crashes. If you are experiencing this problem, the following troubleshooting tips will help.
1. Resend the video
You may have realized that your video is taking too long to send because of interruption. To make it easier, you can try sending the same video again.
This method works most of the time, and if it doesn’t, you can try the alternate steps below.
2. Relaunch the app
Kik messaging app may fail to send videos because of the system’s glitches and bugs.
To solve this, you must exit the app and relaunch it. Note that this method is only applicable on iOS devices.
3. Restart your phone
It is commonly known that restarting your device helps clear off any technical issues on any app. For example, when you restart your phone, you clear off the cache and data that prohibit Kik from sending the videos.
If you wish to restart your Android, here is what you need to do:
- Press the Power button until a menu appears on the screen.
- Tap on Restart on the menu.
- Let the device rest for two minutes before switching it on by pressing the Power button.
If you have an iOS device, here is how you restart it:
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the side button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider and allow the device to turn off.
- Let the device rest for two minutes before you can turn it on.
- Press the volume and power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
4. Update your Kik app
Another reason why Kik fails to send videos is because it is outdated and incompatible with your phone’s operating system. Therefore, if you have updated your iOS or Android operating system, you should also update the app.
5. Check internet connection
Your internet connection may be poor and unstable, so you can’t send a live video on Kik. Ensure that your Wi-Fi or cellular data is enabled and its signal is strong.
6. Clear cache files
When you send a video on Kik, there are cache data duplicates of the sent data. After continuous use, the app will accumulate and form a large amount of cache data, slowing it down.
You can clear off the cache data and duplicate files on an Android device by doing the following:
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Application Manager or Apps.
- Tap on Clear Cache or Data option.
- Once you clear the cache, restart the app and confirm whether your video has been sent.
An iOS device does not have the Clear Cache option, so you have to delete the app and reinstall it:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Select Storage.
- Search and select the Kik app option to open it.
- Tap on the Delete button.
- Download and install the updated Kik app on the App Store.
Kik is a popular messaging app that allows you to chat with family and friends and send them photos, videos, and emoticons. Unfortunately, there are instances when Kik is unable to send a video because of the app crashing or being outdated.
Suppose you are experiencing this problem; you can solve it by restarting your phone, updating the app or iOS, or clearing off cache data. Contact Kik customer support for further assistance if you still cannot send your videos.
Melvin is a senior writer at iMentality. A DIYer at heart, Melvin loves to craft things in the tech space. He has amassed over a decade of experience in tech writing with special focus on apps and tech guides.