For gamers who would like to add PSP video games to their collection of games on their iPhones and iPads, the PPSSPP emulator delivers exactly what you need. Previously, it wasn’t possible to play Sony PSP games on the iOS devices, but not until the PSP emulator was developed. At present, the emulator can be installed and used on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices.
How to Install PPSSPP Emulator on iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad
The following tutorial is meant to show you how to easily install this PSP emulator on your iOS device running on either iOS 9 or iOS 10. Once installed, you will be able to play games like Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Kingdom Hearts, and many more directly on your phone or tablet.
- Open Safari and visit this link
- Go to the Apps Tab
- Scroll to Find PPSSPP
- Tap to install the new version (it works from iOS 5+)
- Go to Date Settings and set it back by 24 hours
- Go to the home screen and wait for the installation to complete
- If it doesn’t open, go to Settings > General > Profiles > Enterprise
- Tap the app certificate to trust it
- Close the settings page
- Set the date back to normal
- Open PPSSPP
You will be required to do the date trick everytime you restart your iPhone or iPad in order to use PPSSPP. Now, to start gaming on this PSP emulator, you need to add games or ISOs to it. The procedure is highlighted below:
How to Add Games ISO on PPSSPP Sony PSP Emulator for IOS
Before you add these games, it is worth noting that most of them will only be fluid when you are using a jailbroken device since these devices have access to Git which allows most of these games to perform at full power unlike those that aren’t jailbroken. Follow the steps below to add iSOs to your PSP emulator.
- Using your Mac or Windows computer, visit coolrom.com
- Select Sony PSP
- Find a game you like (You may want to try dragonball!)
- Click to download
- Awkwardly, you need to Click on the video for the download button to appear just above it
- Click the button and it will download a .zip version
- Download WinRAR if you’re using windows or Unarchiver if using Mac to unzip the file
- Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to your computer and open iTunes
- Go to the iPad, iPod, or iPhone tab, depending on the device you’re using and find the PPSSPP folder
- Open it and drag the unzipped .iso file into it
- Open PPSSPP on your device
- The game should be ready to play!
There are many iso games that you can download for free to play on your PPSSPP, a PSP emulator for the iPhone, iPod, or iPad running on iOS 9 or 10. However, when playing this games, those who are using devices that haven’t been jailbroken might experience some lags.