If you’ve accidentally deleted your iTunes backup files from your computer, you won’t be able to recover it automatically from iTunes. Unlike iCloud, your iTunes data is available on your computer and when you delete it, it is completely removed from iTunes. However, this doesn’t mean that your data is gone for good. In this post, I will show you how to recover deleted iTunes backup right from your computer.
Recovering deleted iTunes backup using TenorShare
- Install a backup recovery software e.g Tenorshare on your computer – using Windows 10/8/Vista/XP.
- Click Tenorshare in your computer after installing to launch it. A Tenorshare window will then open. Click “Recover from iTunes backup files.” Tenorshare will then list all the iTunes backups not deleted.
- At the bottom of Tenorshare window, select the “Go get back deleted iTunes backup”
- Next below, click “Start Scan.” You will be asked to select which location to scan, but you will highly be recommended to start scanning Drive C since iTunes defaults to backup data there.
- When you complete scanning, recovered files will be listed in the window. You will then be directed to select the file intended to be recovered. Then click “Recover” at the bottom of the Tenorshare window. Your deleted files are then recovered.
Read Also: How to change Windows 10 backup location for iTunes
How to recover an overwritten iTunes backup
With iPhone, you can sync it to iTunes so that it can automatically backup your data. While in this process of syncing, iTunes can overwrite the old data with the new data especially when there is not enough space. By the time you come to realize what is happening, you have lost some of the critical data. Take it easy. You can recover the data by using a software like EaseUs MobiSaver. Follow these steps to guide you.
- Install EaseUs MobiSaver software on your computer and launch it. The software works for all versions of windows.
- Select “Recover from iTunes Backup” on the left-hand side.
- Click “Scan”. MobiSaver will then scan iTunes Backup data to find the overwritten data and list it on the screen
- From the list, select the data you want to recover and click “Recover” to save it on your computer. There you are. You have the overwritten data back recovered and saved.
Can you recover a deleted iCloud backup?
iCloud is another way of backing up your data for iPhone. While it is much safer to store your backup on iCloud than iTunes, you can still lose it at some point. When this happens, you can recover your backup data by following these steps:
- Open iCloud and sign in with your iCloud > settings > “Restore File” at the bottom
- From the list displayed select by clicking all the files to recover then click “Restore.”
- Your files will be restored back to their location in the iCloud account.
Read Also: iTunes backup failed? Here’s why.
With this information, you can now recover your iTunes or iCloud backup. Most of the recovery software mentioned here will allow you to recover your data for free. However, some software like iMobie PhoneRescue will only show your data but won’t allow you to recover unless you get a paid version.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex