We have all been in situations where our thumbs get tired from typing text messages, and we’d prefer to send an audio message instead. There may also be a chance that your hands are wet or unable to type a conversation, or you would want to send a friend an audio message of your surroundings.
It is very simple to send an audio message. Just tap on the mic button and speak to your phone. But what if the receiver is an Android or non-iPhone user? This article covers tips for sending voice messages from iPhone to Android easily.
Sending an audio message through your iPhone
Sending an audio message through an iPhone is as easy as texting it. First, you must tap on the mic in the messaging app and talk to your phone. The only problem is when you want to send voice memos from an iPhone to another phone.
Before we dwell on the steps to take when sending a voice message from an iPhone to an Android, let’s discuss how to send a voice message between two iPhones:
- Open the iMessage app.
- Tap on the conversation you want to send the voice message.
- Tap the recording button with the microphone icon on the right corner of the text box.
- Record your audio message and ensure that the finger is pressed on it the whole time. Once you are done, release your finger.
Read: iMessage doesn’t say delivered but receiver responds
If you want to replay your audio recording, tap on the play button. Press the X button to delete the audio message. If you want to send your voice message, press the arrow that is facing upward.
Remember that once your message is sent, it will disappear in two minutes. If you want to save the voice message in the conversation:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Messaging.
- Scroll down through the Messaging menu and select Audio Messages.
- Tap on Expire. You can set the default expiration duration from two minutes to never.
Sending an audio file from your iPhone to an Android
You have an iPhone device and want to send an audio message to a non-iPhone user. Below is the procedure on how to send large voice memos from iPhone to Android using the Voice Memo app:
- Launch the Voice Memo app.
- Record an audio memo by pressing the microphone button and speaking to your iPhone’s microphone. When you are done, release the button and save the audio recording.
- To send it to an Android user, tap on the Share option in the drop-down menu with a square with an up-arrow icon to share it as an attachment and send it via a messaging app such as WhatsApp or Telegram.
Ensure that your iOS device has the Apple iMessage app to send an audio message successfully. All iPhones of iOS 15.3.1 and above support the app and its multimedia file formats, including audio messages.
Can you send a voice message from your iPhone to Samsung?
It is possible to send an audio message to a Samsung or Android device. You can send one through an MMS service. If they do not have an MMS service enabled, you can send it through an email.
Read: How to view old emergency alerts on Android and iOS?
Ways to send an audio message from an Android to iPhone
Perhaps you own an Android device and want to share an audio message with an iPhone. The process is not as easy as sending one to another Android device. That, however, does not mean it is impossible.
Below are the three techniques you can use to send an audio message to an iPhone:
1. Use the Android messaging app
Below are the steps to follow to send an audio message through the Google Message app:
- First, tap on the Settings app.
- Scroll down the menu and grant the app permission to use the phone’s microphone.
- Launch the Google Messaging app
- Open the conversation you want to send an audio message.
- Tap on the green plus sign on the left corner of your text screen.
- Press the mic button at the bottom of the screen to record your message by holding on to the mic button.
- When you are done, release it and tap on Send. If your iPhone receiver has a Google Message app, they will receive it
2. Use a voice recording app
Android devices also have built-in voice recording apps, just like iPhones. Below are the instructions on how to send an audio message via a voice recording app:
- Launch the voice recording app.
- Next, tap on Record on the microphone button to start speaking your message.
- When you are done speaking on the phone, press the stop button for the audio message to be saved.
- To share or send it, tap on the Share button and choose the app you want to send the audio message as an attachment.
Read: Difference between ‘Delivered’ vs ‘Sent as text message’
Reasons why you can’t send an audio message on your iPhone
There are a few reasons why you can’t send a voice message on your iPhone to an Android. One of them is that you do not have an active cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Ensure that you have a strong and stable cellular data or Wi-Fi connection before you start recording an audio message.
Another reason is that the phone’s microphone or speaker is not working. Check whether they are in good condition and, if not, consult a phone repairer to diagnose the problem and fix it.
Sending an audio message to non-iPhone users can be difficult or a long process, but that doesn’t mean it is impossible. All you require is stable cellular data and a voice messaging app. Of course, this also applies to Android users who want to send a voice message to an iPhone user.
You, therefore, do not need a third-party app to send audio messages as an attachment. Alternatively, you can send audio messages via the Google Message app if it is installed on both devices. You can therefore release a sigh of relief since you can send a voice message in easy and quick steps.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex