Setting up voicemail on a OnePlus phone can be different if you’ve migrated from an iPhone or another Android phone.
In this article, I’ll explain how you can set up voicemail on OnePlus and activate visual voicemail.
Setting up a voicemail on your OnePlus phone
Setting up voicemail on OnePlus may differ slightly depending on the service you are using.
This example showcases how you can use your phone provider to set up a voicemail service on Verizon.
To enable voicemail on OnePlus:
- From your phone’s home screen, tap on the Phone icon.
- Tap on Keypad.
- Next, tap on voicemail at the lower-right corner of the screen or long-press number one on the Keypad.
- At the setup screen, tap on Turn On. In other OnePlus devices, tap on OK.
- Choose the SIM card you want to create your voicemail, either SIM 1 or 2.
- Tap on the Voicemail option on the selected SIM card’s settings menu.
- Tap on Advanced Settings and then Voicemail number.
- Enter the voicemail number and press OK.
You’ve now set up voicemail on your OnePlus phone.
How to turn off voicemail
Follow these steps to turn off voicemail on your OnePlus device:
1. By enabling call-forwarding
Since OnePlus is an Android phone, you can turn off voicemails through the call-forwarding settings.
In addition, you can turn off the functions that include Forward When Busy, Forward When Unanswered, and Forward When Unreached.
Here is how to go about it:
- Launch the Phone app.
- Tap on the Menu icon and then select Settings.
- Scroll through the menu and tap on the Call-forwarding option. Tap Advanced or More Settings on other devices to find the option.
- Turn off all call-forwarding functions. Your phone carrier will then stop forwarding calls to your voicemail provider.
2. Contact your carrier
Another way to disable your voicemail is by contacting your carrier. You can do this by using a carrier code to call customer service or the helpline directly to talk to a representative. The customer representative will give you instructions on how to disable your voicemail.
If you want to disable voicemail notifications on your OnePlus phone, follow these steps:
- Launch the Phone app
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Tap Voicemail
- Tap on Notifications.
You can disable notifications or change the notification settings to suit your preferences.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex