Snapchat for Mac is not yet available officially. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t use Snapchat on your Mac.
There are a few workarounds and we’re here to teach you all of them. Read on for more information.
How to download and use Snapchat on Mac
To enjoy Snapchat on Mac while working is much better than having to pick up your phone occasionally to check or post Snaps. Also, Mac has a powerful system that will ensure the app is fast.
Now, for that to happen, you must download an Android emulator on your Mac. The emulator is an app that makes it possible to download and use Android apps on your macOS device.
There are various Android emulators you can use, however, Bluestacks App Player is the most recommended. It’s pretty effective.
READ: How to unsend messages or snaps on Snapchat
Before you download the Bluestacks App Player, you must allow apps from other sources to install on your Mac. Do this:
- Click on the Apple logo and pick System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy followed by the General Tab.
- If you don’t see any options, click the Lock icon on the bottom-left side of the screen.
- Type in your Password.
- Scroll down to Allow Apps Downloaded from.
- Select Appstore and identified developers.
- Exit Settings.
- Go to the Bluestacks App Player site and download it.
- After the download is complete, open the file and run it to initiate installation.
- Log in to Bluestacks with your Google ID. if you don’t have one then you should create it.
- When you access Bluestacks main page, open the Play Store App.
How to get Snapchat on Bluestacks
While on Bluestacks’ main page, follow these steps:
- Click on the search bar and type Snapchat.
- Immediately the App appears, click Install.
- Give it time to finish installing.
- The Snapchat app icon will appear on your Bluestacks App interface.
- Click on the app, enter your login details and start using Snapchat on Mac.
The app works exactly like on a mobile device. You can view snaps, share snaps with the help of your webcam, and save snaps using screenshots or screen recording.
READ: How to screenshot chats on Snapchat
How to get Snapchat on Mac without Bluestacks
Until Snapchat develops a Mac-compatible app, the only other way to use Snapchat on Mac is using another emulator. The second best option you can try is the Nox player. It’s supported on Mac and available for free. Use the following guide to get it:
- Go to bignox.com on your browser to download and install Nox Player.
- After successful installation, click Open to launch the emulator.
- Click on the Play Store and sign in with your Google account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the set-up.
- If you encounter any issues, install the virtual box on your Mac. It helps the Nox player to work efficiently.
- Search for Snapchat and install it.
- Open Snapchat on the Nox Player and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account you can create one.
- Start posting and sending snaps to your friends.
Can you use Snapchat on Safari?
No, there’s no Snapchat version for the web browser. The only way to access it is to download the mobile app.
These two guides should help you get Snapchat on Mac fast. Now, you don’t have to rely on your phone every time you want to check snaps. Even if the phone is lost or stolen, you’ll still Snap with your friends. Be sure to share this article with them so that nobody misses out.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex