Ultdata is an iOS data recovery software created by Tenorshare. It recovers data from your iOS device, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup. It can also be used to repair your iPhone, iPad, or iPod’s operating system.
If you have lost crucial data from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you know how difficult it can be to recover it -that is if you don’t have an iTunes or iCloud backup. The best way to recover data in this situation is to use recovery software designed for iOS. Ultdata by Tenorshare is one such software.
What types of data does Ultdata recover?
With Ultdata, you can recover a whole range of data, including:
- Call history
- SMS attachments
- Notes and attachments
- Recover deleted photos
- Voice memos
- WhatsApp messages and attachments
- Messenger data
- Kik conversations and attachments
- Snapchat videos
- Voicemail and much more
Is Ultdata safe for use?
It is always important to use trusted software on your iPhone to ensure that your crucial data doesn’t land in the hands of hackers. Ultdata is developed by Tenorshare, which is a trustworthy company behind several popular data recover and restoration software.
Their software includes Android Data Recovery, iCareFone, iTransGo, ReiBoot, and Tunescare. Having used all of these products without any security issues, it is worth concluding that Ultdata is safe for use. I have also checked plenty of other reviews and comments from people who have used Tenorshare’s software before, and nobody has raised a security issue.
How to download Ultdata
Before downloading Ultdata, ensure you have a MAC or Windows computer with access to the internet. You should also have a USB connector for connecting your iPhone to your computer.
Depending on your device, you should then download the Windows or Mac version.
Available data recovery modes
These are the recovery modes available when using this data recovery software:
- Data recovery from iOS: In this option, Ultdata scans your device for data that has just been deleted but wasn’t saved on iTunes or iCloud.
- Data recovery from iTunes: Here, the software recovers data from your iTunes backup
- Data recovery from iCloud: Use this method when you want the software to recover data from your iCloud backup.
How to use Ultdata to recover lost files
- Open Ultdata on your Mac or Windows PC
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable
- Wait until it is detected
- Select your preferred recovery mode
- Hit Start Scanning and wait for it to complete
- Select the file recover on the file structure on the left side of the software
- Preview the files and select the individual files you wish to recover
- Click on Recover at the bottom right side of the software
- On the pop-up, select Register to log in or Buy Now if you don’t have an account
- Enter your e-mail and registration code and click on Register
- Select recover > to recover to the device if your registration is successful
- Turn off Find My iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone
- Tap OK and wait for the data to be recovered
- Your data should now be recovered on your iPhone
Repairing your iPhone’s Operating System Using Ultdata
In addition to data recovery, Ultdata can also repair your iOS operating system. Some of the issues this software can repair include:
- When your iPhone or iPad is stuck on the Apple logo during booting
- Recovery mode loop
- iPhone or iPad black screen
After using this software to recover any of these methods, you should note that your iOS will update to the latest version, locked devices will be unlocked, and jailbroken devices will be restored to an unjailbroken state.
Ultdata License & Registration Key
You can download a free version of Ultdata. However, when using the free version, you can only preview files but not recover them.
To recover and restore your documents, media, and other files to your device or computer, you must purchase the registration license key. It goes for $59 per year for 1 computer, $79.95 per year for up to 5 Macs, and $349.95 for an unlimited license.
- This software has more data recovery options than competing software
- Recovers data in a good state
- The recovery process took less than 3 minutes
- You can use it to recover app data, including videos and attachments
- Its free version can’t recover any file
- It’s 1 computer version is costly and requires renewal annually.
Is this the best option?
Unlike AnyTrans, Easeus, Dr. Fone, and PhoneRescue by iMobie, Ultdata has a faster recovery mode and provides better recovery than some of the software listed here. However, it is a bit more expensive than most of this software. If you have to make lots of data recovery or need features exclusive to this software, then go for it; otherwise, go for cheaper alternatives.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex