You may have taken the perfect picture and can’t wait to post or share them with friends. The only problem is that the so-thought-perfect picture is blurry. But, on the other hand, you may also not want to delete it because it is important or you can’t get a similar shot. The only solution to solve this mishap is to unblur it. So, how do you unblur an image on your iPhone?
Not to worry because various iOS third-party apps and online sites can bring your picture into sharper focus. However, it can be difficult to restore a previously blurred picture.
In this detailed guide, you’ll learn how to unblur a picture on an iPhone.
Why is my iPhone taking blurry photos?
The reason why your iPhone is taking blurry photos is that the camera is not focusing properly. Another reason behind your blurry photos is because of the slow shutter speed. One way you can fix this problem is by zooming in on the area you want the camera to focus on before taking a picture.
With the help of third-party apps, you can sharpen your photos and enhance their quality. Examples of these third-party photo-enhancing apps include Snapseed, Adobe Lightroom, and Photo Express. You can also use the iPhone’s Photos app to unblur your image.
We shall explain how to unblur photos on iPhone using the Photos app and third-party apps mentioned above.
Unblurring a photo on iPhone using the Photos app
The Photos app is the easiest and most convenient way to unblur an image on an iPhone. It is great to make light and simple enhancements to your photo. However, do not expect the best quality results when photo enhancing using the Photos app.
Below are steps on how to unblur a screenshot or photo on your iPhone using the Photos app:
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Select the blurry photo that you want to enhance.
- Move the control slider to the right to sharpen the photo’s focus.
- Tap on Edit and then swipe to the right on the toolbar on the editing page to tap on Sharpness.
- You can also make editing actions like brightness and contrast.
- Once the Sharpness has been adjusted to your preference, tap Done to save your edited photo.
Unblurring a photo on iPhone using Snapseed
Snapseed is known to be the best free photo editing app for both Android and iOS devices. It also has several editing tools that will help improve your photo’s quality. You can use Snapseed to unpixelate a photo on iPhone and improve its quality.
Before you commence on the steps below, remember to download and install the Snapseed app first from the App Store for free. You can then follow the instructions below to unblur your picture:
- Open the Snapseed app.
- Tap on the + sign or Open button to open your blurry photo.
- Select the Tools button at the bottom of the taskbar.
- Tap on Details in the tools section.
- Slide your finger up to choose Sharpening or down to select Structure.
- When you choose either of the above options, move the slider to the top of the screen.
- Once you are done sharpening your photo and it is clear, tap on the Done tick icon.
Unblurring a photo using Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is another popular photo editing app available for iOS and Android devices. Unfortunately, even though you can download the app for free, you need a subscription fee to access all its tools. Luckily enough, the unblurring feature is free to use.
Below are the steps on how to unblur an image on iPhone using the Adobe Lightroom app:
- Launch the Adobe Lightroom app once you have downloaded and installed it on your iPhone.
- Tap on the gallery icon to retrieve your blurry photo from your iPhone.
- Swipe right on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen to tap on Detail.
- You can adjust the photo’s Sharpening, Detail, Radius, and Masking control to enhance its clarity.
- You can also make more adjustments from the toolbar if you wish.
- Once you are done, tap on Upload to save your enhanced photo to your device.
Unblurring your photo using the Adobe Camera Pack
Adobe Camera Pack is an add-on for Adobe Photoshop Express. Follow these steps to unblur your photos:
- Download and install the Adobe Photoshop Express app free from the App Store and pay for the Camera Pack is an in-app purchase.
- Next, launch the Photoshop Express app and tap on Select Photo to import the photo from your device.
- Tap on Camera Roll and select the picture that you want to edit.
- Tap on the Edit icon that looks like a pencil tip.
- Tap on the icon represented by a circle within a circle, and later on, tap on Reduce Noise.
- You can make the photo less blurry by modifying the noise in the picture. First, slide down the screen to modify the picture with filters; otherwise, slide up the screen if you utilize much of it. When you are done, release your finger from the screen.
- Tap the shopping cart and press Buy to purchase Adobe Camera Pack to access its extra features.
- If you agree with the price, tap on the Buy button and enter your Apple ID. Next, tap on the check icon and the second check mark to save the unblurry photo.
Your iPhone may produce blurry photos because it has a slow shutter speed or the camera is not focused enough. One way to solve this is by focusing your camera on the area you want. Alternatively, you can make a blurry picture clearer using the Photos app or third-party photo editing apps.
You can use also apps such as Snapseed, Adobe Lightroom, or Adobe Camera Pack for iOS to unblur an image on your iPhone. Some apps are free, while others require you to pay a subscription fee to access their editing tools. However, it is difficult to edit a blurred photo in a photo editing app.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex