Veency is a Cydia application that allows you to control your iPhone or iPad remotely from your computer. With this app installed, you can do many tasks on your device without having to operate it manually.
This app was primarily developed for jailbroken devices, but I’m going to show you how to install it without jailbreaking. Please check this post for other methods of controlling your iPhone or iPad remotely.
Which phones is it compatible with?
Veency is compatible with iOS 7, 8, 9, and 10. You can download the app for iPhone 7, 7+, 6S, 6S Plus, 6, 5S, 4S, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, and iPod Touch. You can download this app directly from Cydia, where further information has been provided regarding the supported devices.
How to download and install Veency
- If your device is jailbroken, then go to the next step. If not, follow this guide to download iNoCydia. Once installed, proceed with the following steps.
- Search for Veency on Cydia or iNoCydia
- Tap to download
- Install and start the application
How to use Veency to connect to your iPhone remotely
- Download the VNC client for your PC or Mac. The best currently is TightVNC viewer
- Start the client. Your PC should be on the same network with the device you intend to connect
- Go to Settings>WIFI Network> on your iPhone or iPad and get your network address
- Use the same on your VNC client
- Once a connection is established, you will now be able to connect to your iPhone remotely via Veency.
When connected to your iOS device remotely via Veency, you will use your computer’s keyboard just the same way you use a Bluetooth keyboard. For the best performance, ensure that the performance is set to 50%. Throughout the period I used Veency, it seemed to work fine but if you encounter any issues, share them in the comment section below.
Alex is an IT technician who shares his experiences with Apple devices occasionally. He has a collection of Apple devices (from iPhone 4) and has recently started trying out Android.
IG: @I M_Alex
1 thought on “Veency Lets You control your iPhone or iPad Remotely”
i have contributed twice and still cannot download veency to my ipad.
Comments are closed.